Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

LF Staff: Casey Cain Jill Lovato
Community: Abhijit KumbhareDaniel De La Rosa Luis Gomez Jamo Luhrsen Robert VargaFlip Cuzy, Miroslav Miklus, Tejas NevrekarAllan Clarke Thanh Ha (zxiiro)

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • General Topics
    • OpenDaylight

Minutes

OpenDaylight

  • Main message: ODL still has many contributors, and there is broad adoption of ODL both downstream and in the open source community. Not going anywhere.
  • 3 Lumina driven projects - ODL Micro, Plastic, and SAF - improve ODL significantly.
  • Other critical Lumina items: integration and release management.
  • For the SAF project: the inbound code review is done and needs to be added.
  • Jill working on PR statement that should be ready within the next 2 days.

Releases

  • What will be doing with future releases? 
    • Daya suggested that we may move to an annual release cadence. 
    • Robert Varga Moving to annual releases may not work.
      • Perhaps we should have a greater discussion about what is an ODL release?
      • We can have MRI projects release in a rapid cadence and others move to a more long term (year?) cycle
      • There will be a strain on release management and we need to identify a long term release manager. 
      • Ultimately, we should bring this discussion to the TSC.
      • Let's identify what is important to the adopters of ODL?
        • Do they care about the platform and they only upgrade once a few years?
        • Or do they care about features and upgrade every release? 

CI / CD Pipeline

  • Casey Cain suggests look at the way OPNFV is evaluating migration to different platforms (instead of gerrit to gitlab)
  • Robert Varga asks who will actually do the migration work and whether there are significant benefits given the migration efforts? 
  • Thanh Ha (zxiiro) also feels that this may not be a very useful exercise - as it is a significant effort. 

Action items

  • Casey Cainto reach out to PTLs and Committers to seek interest in developing intro and training videos for their project over Zoom that can be recorded for YouTube and for our Developer event in October.   
  • Casey Cain Abhijit Kumbhare work on a community survey regarding deployments and use cases for ODL on the next TSC Meeting.