Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 ; 10pm Pacific

TSC Meeting Zoom || TSC APAC Zoom || Meeting Recordings

TSC meetings are held weekly for one hour on Thursdays.  Meeting time alternates each week.  Standard: 9am Pacific and APAC: 10pm Pacific.

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

TSC


Managed Projects

xP
AAA
BGPCEP
Controller

x
DAEXIM
DistribxGenius
xx
InfraUtil
LISP
MD-SAL

P
OVSDBXNetVirtXNetConf

x
Neutron
ODL Parent
YANGtools
P (Chetan)

Daniel De La Rosa (Release Mgr)

x
OFP



Staff: Casey Cain

Others: Manoj Chokka Miroslav Miklus Karthikeyan KrishnanChetan Arakere Gowdrudaya kamath

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Show the Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
  • Infra
    • ODL Gerrit - Auth0 migration
  • Docs
  • Releases
  • TSC Grievance Tracking
  • General Topics
    • ODL Survey 
  • Any Other Topics
    • Archive Repositories - Ansible, Puppet, and Packaging repos and remove JJB job
    • Any other inactive projects/jobs to be archived/disabled (honeycomb/vbd).

Minutes

Infra

Releases

  • Sodium 
    • Since Aluminium is complete, Sodium is on End of support and Anil Belur will remove it accordingly
  • Aluminum - 
    • Release is complete. Asking self-managed projects to proceed with release and also managed one to produce release notes  .. Checklist for reference
    • Aluminum release notes: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/x/vREF
    • Please make sure that the marketing messaging is submitted by the end of the week so that we can prepare messaging for the ONES timeframe. 
  • Silicon


ODL Survey

  • A brief discussion was had about the survey.  It was suggested that there should be more options for write-in questions and have the option for "others" where appropriate. 
    • Should the survey be arranged by use case?
    • This can be discovered when it is in a more "collaborative friendly" format.


ODL Community

  • There was a discussion about the community engagement going down significantly for the last one year. A few points:
    • Most topics get discussed only in the TSC meetings with no in-between discussions over mailing lists.
    • Attendance at technical/project meetings like the kernel projects call & integration call has dwindled to the point there is no participation in some of those. 
      • Example: Integration Project call got canceled and merged into the TSC call.
    • Questions from newcomers not being answered on the mailing lists.
      • Casey Cain has a few suggestions about merging this into Confluence platforms. But among the core issues remain is people answering these.
      • Manoj Chokka sees questions on other forums like stack overflow related to ODL which go unanswered as well.

Action Items