SPC Overview and Role
The LFN SPC was approved on May 15, 2019, as a committee of the Governing Board. The SPC has the dual role of helping to set the strategy for the LFN portfolio of projects as a whole and providing Projects visibility into the directions of the Governing Board. As with all GB committees, the SPC only provides recommendations and guidance to the Governing Board. It is the GB that has the ultimate decision-making authority regarding those recommendations.
More information may be found here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/o4Hu
ODL Representative Responsibilities
- SPC members can expect to attend at least 2 hours of standing meetings and 1-2 hours of working sessions a month per member consisting of:
- Attending a one hour per TAC project per quarter
- addition SPC internal/planning meetings that may be needed
- Once a quarter meeting with the TAC on LFN portfolio guidance
- Once every quarter before GB meetings to prepare an agenda item for the GB
- Mailing list discussion between meetings
- Face-to-face meeting with TAC/TSCs when possible and needed (e.g. at ONS when both SPC and TAC are present)
Nomination period: to
Voting period: will last 2 weeks from the conclusion of the nomination period.
Only OpenDaylight TSC members are eligible to run. If you are interested in self-nominating, please indicate so below
- Photo (Optional)
- Relevant biography
- Statement of Intent
Robert has been involved in OpenDaylight from its start, having co-authored the MD-SAL architecture and designing major portions of its implementation.
He is the overall top contributor on OpenDaylight and has contributed ~16% of all patches merged, touching majority of projects. He is a committer of a wide range of projects — odlparent, yangtools, mdsal, bgpcep, controller, aaa, netconf, vbd, infrautils and coretutorials.
His contributions tend to center around maven build system, overall architecture and high-level design (BGP, PCEP, OpenFlow Boron design, Virtual Bridge Domain), performance/stability-critical pieces of infrastructure and high availability.
His current focus is platform core use cases and related development.
Statement of Intent:
My intention as the SPC representative is to provide a seamless conduit between OpenDaylight and LFN GB.