Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC Meeting Zoom || TSC APAC Zoom || Meeting Recordings

TSC meetings are held weekly for one hour on Thursdays.  Meeting time alternates each week.  Standard: 9am Pacific and APAC: 10pm Pacific.

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

TSC Members

Robert Varga  Pantheon.tech


Manoj Chokka Verizon

x

Venkatrangan Rakuten Symphony

x
x

Anil Belur Linux Foundation

x

Ivan Hrasko Pantheon.tech

x
x
Community Elected Roles:

Daniel De La Rosa  (Release Manager)

x

Staff: Casey Cain

Community: Luis Gomez Sangwook Ha 

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
  • Releases
    • Current relevancy of branch locks / super committer processRTDv3
  • LFN Updates
  • Marketing Update
  • TSC Grievance Tracking
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Release

  • Sulfur SR1 has been released by Anil Belur and next is for TPCE to release.. Sulfur SR2 is scheduled by but we will probably delay it a bit 
  • Chlorine status  has been reported by Robert Varga and an updated schedule will be uploaded soon. Chlorine is scheduled to be released by  

LFN Updates

Marketing Update

General Topic

  • Anil Belur Anil provided an update on the status of the pipelines work.
    • The pipeline is based on a lf/releng-pipelines library implementation. 
    • The pipeline are being prototyped and worked present.
    • ODL-pipelines meeting: Users can register here:
    • ODL-pipeline meeting (every Wednesday): with Mario Doman (Pantheon) is going to be working on the Jenkinsfiles and helping with the prototyping.
      • Need more hand, call for contributors, especially the releng committers.
  • Manoj Chokka recommends that for the long-term Git vision, we may want to migrate to GitHub, since he feel Gerrit workflow is not popular and complicated.
  • Daniel De La Rosa and few others suggest removing the branch lock (email to be sent to the mailing list for more discussion).
    • There seemed to be a general agreement that locking the branches with the size of the community was no longer needed.
    • After discussing the topic, it was agreed that the time the branch remains locked should be reduced to a minimum. 
  • Migrate ODL Docs to RTDv3, since RTDv2 api is getting deprecated soon.
  • Gerrit maintenance window next week:
    • 17:30 Sun, July 10 2022 - 19:30 Sun, July 10 2022 PT (10:00 Mon, July 11 - 12:00 Mon, July 11, 2022 AEST)
  • Cedric Ollivier
    • We don't need any relationship between ODL Jenkins and RTD. The RTD jjb doesn't have any other value than creating the RTD project (or ots branch) if it doesn't exist
    • Else RTD can build it after polling gerrit or github merge notifications
    • I would recommend removing the merge rtd jobs (see ONAP discussions) and to create RTD project manually

Action Items

  • Cedric Ollivier To propose a CR to releng/builder on removing the RTD merge jobs, since its redundant.
  • Guillaume Lambert and docs committers to move the docs to RTDv3