- VXLAN fabric module provides "Fabric As A Service" service by implementing the fabric services over OVS switches and VXLAN encap/decap.
- Fabric Manager manages varies of fabric objects and the topology built on multiple fabric.
- User Level Network mapper(ULNMapper) is a logical network render which renders the logical network model into fabric services, ULNMapper also interacts with ODL SFC module to set up Service Function Path and pass along the information obtained from SFC.
- GBP FaaS render is a FaaS application which converts GBP model into logical network model and pass along to ULNMapper.
Those modules work together to automate the declarative service definition into physical configuration.
Non-Code Aspects (user docs, examples, tutorials, articles)
Please provide links to:
- Release notes - https://wiki.opendaylight.org/index.php?title=FaaS:Beryllium_Release_Notes
- Installation Guide(s) (if applicable)
- User Guide(s)- https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/31228/
- Developer Guide(s) - https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/31228/
No Known Issues found
FaaS uses SSL/TLS to secure the Southbound/northbound connections
- Soundbound connections is based Openflow/OVSDB protocol which can be run over SSL/TLS
- Northbound RESTConf Interface runs over SSL/TLS
Quality Assurance (test coverage, etc)
- Unit test based on JUnit test on ULNMapper, Fabric and GBP FaaS render
- External tests using scripts for ULNMapper, Fabric as well as GBP FaaS render
End-of-life (API/Features EOLed in Release)
Bugzilla (summary of bug situation)
- logical Router/Switch name wrong in Fabric
- ULN security rules need to include src and dest IP address when the rules are rendered from GBP model
- Installation of odl-faas-all feature doesn't install all relevant features
- Uninstallation of odl-faas-all not uninstall all of features.
Standards (summary of standard compliance)
Schedule (initial schedule and changes over the release cycle)
On time as scheduled