Via Rest API, FaaS can render the following logical objects into physical network over a physical network with multiple fabrics.
- allow logical switches to be created across multiple fabrics.
- allow logical router mapped to distributed routing/VRF on multiple fabrics.
- Floating IP supported for End points to allow End Points to have public IP addresses.
- ACL over logical ports
- A GBP FaaS Render to render GBP model into FaaS logical network model.
- Two layers REST API for users to program their network.
- logical network layer to program the abstracted topology composed of fabrics.
- Fabric Service API layer to program the fabric
All features above are experimental for this release.
- Requires Java 7 or Java 8 compliant runtime environment.
- Follow the OpenDaylight Boron installation and user guide documentation to install OpenDaylight Boron including FaaS features, SFC and GBP FaaS Render features.
- Requires Java 8 compliant runtime environment, GIT, Maven version >= 3.2.3
- Follow the OpenDaylight Boron installation and user guide documentation to install OpenDaylight Boron including FaaS features.
- Also FaaS uses SFC to set up the SFC path, so SFC features are required too. follow SFC developer guide for more details
Known Issues and Limitations
- Only support OVS device and VXLAN Fabric for now
- For NAT, only static IP mapping supported for now
Changes Since Previous Releases
not much changes , it is maintenance release.
- MIgration from karaf 3 to Karaf 4 distribution.
Bugs Fixed in this Release
Migration from Previous Releases
N/A - to be solved in future release.
Compatibility with Previous Releases
It is compatible with previous release.
Deprecated, End of Lifed, and/or Retired Features/APIs
No deprecated APIs.