Welcome to Neutron Northbound
Project Creation Date:
Primary Contact: Achuth Maniyedath
Project Lead: Achuth Maniyedath
Meetings: See Community Meetings
IRC: #opendaylight-neutron on freenode (Northbound meeting)
The neutron northbound project is focused on the communication from the ODL drivers in OpenStack to the ODL neutron service and saves the neutron models into ODL data store for other providers to use. It does not include direct manipulation of low-level network/overlay elements - these are left to the providers that receive information from this project
The goals of this project are
- To allow the ODL neutron service to evolve in tandem with the evolution of Neutron APIs in OpenStack.
- Maintain the transparency of the current communication between OpenStack and OpenDaylight.
- Improve on the current method of passing neutron information to multiple providers.
- Attract more developer involvement.
Getting Started for Developers
The project comprises of the following packages
- odl-neutron-service : This is a top level feature to load Neutron northbound functionality.
- odl-neutron-northbound-spi : Provides REST API for OpenStack Neutron
- odl-neutron-spi : Provides the SPI Neutron Northbound feature
- odl--neutron-transcriber : data converter from/to REST API to/from MD_SAL YANG model
- odl-neutron-hostconfig-ovs : Helper library to support hostconfig for OpenStack service provider with Open vSwitch
- odl-neutron-hostconfig-vpp : Helper library to support hostconfig for OpenStack service provider with VPP
- odl-neutron-logger : Logger on activity on Neutron YANG models
Adding new neutron API support
Related OpenStack resources
- Aluminium Release plan
- Magnesium Release plan
- Oxygen Release plan
- Carbon Release plan
- Boron Release plan
- Beryllium Release plan
- Lithium Release plan
Previous release reference