Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meetings connection details

available at TransportPCE meetings
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/TransportPCE+meetings

11/26/2020

General information

The meeting schedule is advanced to 3pm Paris Time.


11/19/2020

General information

We are part of Al SR1, though it seems the marketing annoucement are not more brodcasted on the mailing-lists.


Mg SR3 : Managed project have still some CIST issues, so we will experience some delay in the code freeze.
The cherrypick have been done, but we will need to stage Mg SR3 when ODL Release allows to do do.

Code review

PortMapping for 7.1 : A couple of comments have been made on the different changes. AT&T has been testing the code on transponders and 400G muxponders.
At that time only transponders are supported with the current code. It seems that managing muxp-profile (in device model) 
will take time.
And network model may suffer from limitations that will not ease the management of 400G muxponders.
The proposal is that Gilles or Guillaume address the comments made on Bala changes. Bala will send his presentation on suggestions for adaptation of the Portmapping.
We will then dig into the models and handle the muxponder case at a later step after we make sure everybody is in line with the way to do it.

 
Nokia / Javier has provided several changes associated with its initial contribution.The changes are WIP and no review is expected yet.

  • Step1 focuses on the implementation on the device listener to  process notifications from Netconf devices. Every time a new notification is sent a new thread is open.
  • Step 2 focuses on adding the operational and administrative state to topological elements.
  • Step 3 is focusing on upgrading the states according to the received notifications.
  • Step 4 is adding a basic model to provide an interface between the topology manager and the service-handler.
  • Step 5 : when a netconf device generates a notification, this trigs a modification in the topology which is sent to the service handler
  • Step6: the test of the port status is introduced in the PCE.

Guillaume added pyang tox profile to check/format api models and the documentation spelling.

11/12/2020

General information

Gilles proceed to release of Al SR1 last week.
Mg SR3 : Code freeze for Managed project will start on the 16th of November.


Code review

Gilles presented the approach that what used to consolidate the T-API topology export.

Two levels of topology can now be provided : “T0 Multi-layer Topology” provides a global abstraction of otn-network and WDM topology. Only the units that are physically connected to the WDM infrastructure through X-ponder to ROADM link are represented in the topology. “Transponder 100GE” provides a second level of abstraction where only transponders of the WDM layer are represented. The full WDM domain (providing any to any connectivity) is represented as a single node with Node Edge Port that correspond to the client port of the transponders.

Fix a bug in PortMapping : in some devices in the lab the xponder-subtree does not give all details for the connection map (lately inserted pluggable not reported) making PortMapping failing.
Bala solved this, reinitializing the logical connection point for which details are missing.

Emmanuelle has aligned the topology on 7.1 openROADM models (Common, Device, Network models). She split the changes to ease review, meaning a lot of them do not pass the gate.


11/5/2020

General information

Managed project are ready for Al SR1 since today. Gilles is going to prepare the staging of the release.
The latest work done on T-API will not be integrated in Al SR1 since it is still in review.
The TSC election process has been postponed to the end of November (but self-nominations coming soon).

Code review

Lighty support in Al : Lighty now works with Al (add annotation dependency, increased memory allocated to make it run, PathComputation service Impl was using BindingDOM codec service from karaf which has been changed to AdaptorContext serializer)
Now that lighty is activated for the test, TPCEUtils also needs to be updated if we change models.
Using Lighty on Al, we will rely on a stable version. But for Silicon, Lighty needs to be uploaded from maven central, and it is not currently available. This is the reason of the change “Lighty support Silicon migration”
Portmapping for 7.1.0 models : Bala changed the portmapping to enable 7.1 models. Supported interface capability implementation has changed. Interface capabilities  are now more port childs but are now handled as an augmentation and mc-capbilities are now handle through profiles.
Emmanuelle mentions that she will wait for the portmapping to be merged so that she can rebase her Topology change (common models need to be changed for both) .
7.1 Honeynode simulators can be downloaded from
https://gitlab.com/Orange-OpenSource/lfn/odl/honeynode-simulator/-/tags/honeynode-plugin-aggregator-7.0.0
Bump to silicon : Guillaume split the change done by Emmanuelle since he wanted to reuse some of the code changes in AL
T-API : Gilles made a change to strengthen independence between UT  in OLM (not strictly related to T-API). A second change allows sharing a common Datastore context for all unitary test in T-API (Static class). The 3 following changes are dedicated to the consolidation of T-API topology. Only ports and node that are attached to the ROADM are considered. Second step allows to build a multilayer topology that includes both transponders and OTN devices. Step3 allows building the same abstraction as we were building in the initial development (only transponders and WDM layer).   Last change includes the tests associated with T-API.

10/29/2020

General information

Aluminium SR1 deadline is tomorrow for managed project.The branch has been locked this week.
It will be unlocked when managed project will be ready which will allow us to migrate.
There were a couple of evolutions on dependencies, which have been considered but can’t be merged in the current state.

Code review

A few Jsr305 useless dependencies have been removed from poms.

SH optimization and technical debt : Guillaume proposed a way to handle the rpc pending status. Change Merged.

Bump devs to latest Al SR1 dev platform versions merged.
Without this change, the project was building up to karaf, and crashed because of a mismatch in controller dependencies versions (2.0.4).

Lighty.io build : Guillaume fixed some issues (api contract evolutions, addition on the Flexgrid….).
The call to PathComputationServiceImpl is not solved. A method passing parameters to the GNPY server I using BindingDOMCodec services which cannot easily be retrieved from Lighty.
Changing to AdaptorContext could be a workaround, but this approach still need to be consolidated.

Bump to Silicon :
Emmanuelle updated the Pom to Si as well Junit tests and code to be in line with Si following the introduction of the Maven Enforcer Pluggin.
The change also takes into account the latest modification made by Robert to solve MDSAL-600 bug (Problem when using two enum with the same name in the same module).

10/22/2020

General information

There will be a TSC election in the coming weeks.

Code review

Portmapping for release 7.1 : Bala has shared with us the way he wants to handle it.
Current PortMapping is importing common-types , switching-pool-types and port-types. A few parameters that were in the common types have been moved to device-type, or common-optical-channel-types.

When upgrading it to 7.1, two approaches can be followed.
First Approach : Create 2 separate yang files for the attributes that have changed in new versions.
Second approach:  we would use the most recent model (7.1.0 ) for all older model as well.
  This implies to make some deeper changes. We have a global agreement on the fact that the 2nd approach looks more appropriate.
The migration of network models to 7.1 has been initiated on Orange side by Emmanuelle.

Robert has recommended to use BOM in the POMs. Guillaume initiated some work to use BOM in tpce features.
Guillaume also removed some useless findbugs jsr305 dependencies in the common and in the Tapi modules poms.

Add OpenROADM 7.1.0 device and common modules : there is still a few comments to be addressed befor the change get merged.
SH handler optimizations and technical debt is ongoing, but Guillaume is expecting feedback on how to manage the pending status.

Lighty.io : Binding DOM codec service is needed by GNPY but not supported by lighty.io. This means some rework is needed on the GNPY API.

Bump to Silicon SR0 version is working. The changes is expected by committer(s) to be split so that other branches benefits from the improvement done
(and also to ease their maintenance).
Javier expect to push by tomorrow some part of his work.


10/15/2020

General information

Robert Varga presented his notes on ODL during the LFN events.
There will be some changes in the way notifications are handled in next releases (implementation of RFC8040)

Code review

Contribution on stable Al branch: We need to be clear on the branch where we want to have the contributions, ortherwhise we won’t be able to identify potential merge conflict.
Until further notice, we should post the contribution to master until the migration to Silicon.
This may however be handled differently for specific cases.
For technical debt, changes could be pushed to either Stable Al or the master branch.
For stable Al : we should push feature we already have : Flexgrid, T-API….
New features such as KAFKA shall be pushed on the master because it shall not be pushed to Aluminum.

Bala posted a new change on Gerrit that corrects warnings coming from Pyang analysis on yang files.
Bala would like to organize a meeting about portmapping 7.1 since he wants to discuss about some issues he encountered.
Because of the change in the way port/mc-capabilities are handled in OR 7.1 release (common model),
the PortMapping needs to be deeply modified to fit with the new models. From swagger UI the version of PortMapping does not appear anymore in api-doc.

 
Emmanuelle pushed some changes on stable/aluminium on technical debt.
She is waiting for netconf silicon migration to migrate master branch to silicon for TPCE

 
Gilles and Christophe worked this week on the consolidation of T-API topology export :
the topology will include the NEPS of the photonic layer that corresponds to Xponder ports that are connected to the ROADM infrastructure through fibers.
ther port (that cannot be commissioned) will not appear in this abstracted topology.


10/08/2020

General information

Tpce is officially in Aluminum, even if the official announcement still has not been sent to the mailing-lists.
Next week will be LFN networking technical event (old DDF) handled from the 14th to the 15th of October. It is a free event but a registration is needed.

Code review

7.1 Device model :
In the ModelMappingUtil it seems we have some duplications of the settings of serviceA/Zend where OUT, ODU and clli are affected 2 times. A change is dedicated to this.
CleanUp API yang changes (part1/2) look fine.
Augment 7.1 device common model : we have a licence issue with the OpenConfig Models (missing license). As we cannot convert the Apache L2 license into BSD license, the separate license file needs to be added.
 
T-API :
Fix bug on transitional link solves a UUID creation issue : 2 devices could have the same UUID for the transitional link leading to the creation of only one link. The creation of UUID has been modified to address this issue.
Add OTN links in TAPI topology : OTU4 and ODU4 links are now provided in the OTN topology. Associated Junit tests were added.

10/01/2020

General information

ONES virtual event is ending. Video can be seen offline for people who registered.
CPQD (A Brasilian institute which promotes dirsruptive technology) seems interested and asked some questions on tranportPCE
LF Networking (equivalent of DDF for ODL)  virtual event is following (13-15 of October) : they are still asking for late contributions.
Aluminum official announcement was still not done, as they are waiting for Release Note updates from some projects

Code review

Device Model 7.1 : now compiling. Bala is expecting a review of it. The change includes refactoring of transportPCE API
Func test for Flexgrid : Gilles made a review on it and the test suite has been merged.
 
Documentation : Guillaume added some elements on the T-API feature to the user guide. The release notes have been updated
Python functional test rationalization has been merged
Junit test : Move common DataStore has been merged last week. Guillaume is currently focusing  on 92439 “Migrate AI and reactivate some Junit tests”.
Lighty.io 13 was released on the 18th of September. Guillaume started to look at it. GNPY dependencies were forgotten. PathComputationImpl needs BindingDomCodecServices which leads to the same issue as for the Junit tests (92349).
 
A couple of change waiting for review, from which  “do not explicit serial Version UUID anymore”
 Shweta has identified a number of bugs on the OTN code. Corresponding JIRA ticket have been created.

09/24/2020

General information

We will be part of the Aluminum distribution which shall be released today.
Release plans for next Silicon release have been asked to core projects.
In the case of TransportPCE it does not bring that much value since it would concerns mainly functional features, but no API modifications

Code review

Forgotten  Mg Branch documentation update has been cherry-picked to master and stable/aluminium.
Aluminum Developer guide documentation has been merged, as well as the user guide which was modified regarding the installation of T-API feature
Do not explicit Serial Version UUID is ready for reviewal.
Guillaume has been working on rationalizing the Inventory
_Junit Tests : Guillaume splitted the change on Junit test
_Remove dead code from Junit test has been merged
_Fix test-common dependency scope in some pom files has been merged
_Fix a bug in PceUtils Junit can be merged. The proposed correction was made because initial Junit test was failing
_Migrate to Al and reactivate some Junit tests & Move common DatastoreContext and co-test-common lead to some issues
 
Guillaume fixed pylint configuration, modifying default regex rules and solving some false positive issues.
Use dict instead of elif in functional tests : some dictionaries have been introduced to simplify the code in some test suites
 

09/17/2020

General information

Managed project are almost ready for Aluminium . A message was send so that the PTL provide their inputs for the marketing message.
We should be ready by next week (25th of September)  The documentation may need to be reworked to include Flexgrid

Code review

Aluminium bump.
All Aluminium bump have been merged on top of Flexgrid.
Migrate Junit test is still not merged because……..
 
FlexGrid test suite : Gilles made some reviews and comments on the test suite, asking to include the renderer in the interface creation process (MC and NMC). Bala pushed some new tests to address these comment. The test passed the gate.
 
Rationalization of the inventory code : consolidating the Al migration, Guillaume made some changes on the Inventory.
Functional test rationalization was reviewed by Gilles. However, we will merge this patch after the migration to Al just to make sure there are no side effects.
Update device model to 7.1.0 : ODU 4 and OTU4 identity are imported from otn-common types. Some wrong revision are imported leading to mismatch. Still not clear why we observe this behaviour. We do not plan to include this in Al release.
 

09/10/2020

General information

Al SR0 is planned for next week on the 17th (Managed project). We have one week left to finish the migration.
ONS is on last week of September and will be a virtual event with limited fees.

Code review

Update of device model to 7.1. In the common type, there were some identity that have been added and some have been deprecated. In java classes generated by MD-SAL the dash is suppressed from deprecated identities making this redundant with the new one which leads to issues. This is probably associated with a bug in YangTools. Deprecated identities have been removed. Suggest to raise the issue in OpenROADM to remove deprecated identities from R8.0.
 
Flexgrid : Potmapping, flexgrid rendering and test suite changes are ready for a functional review.
 
Guillaume changed the docker image for ROADM D (that includes mc-capabilities)
 
Functional test cleanup is not completely ready, but a couple of change are ready for review. Pylint configuration have been modified. Simplification of the tests using dictionary with checks to be done instead of elif.
Aluminum migration :
In GNPYBindingDOMCodec services  is used instead of direct implementation. GNPY yang models have been adapted to remove the key for the list of include/exclude constraint to solve a problem of ordering in the resulting Maps. The corresponding change is now ready for review.
 
The PCE has also been changed to solve a number of bugs associated with list and map handling.
 
Bala is asking for postman collection to help debugging the functional tests

09/3/2020

General information

TransportPCE will be part of the Na SR4 distribution

Code review

Flexgrid : the Mg SR2 dependencies were removed from Nexus, so that Guillaume upgraded the dependency to Mg SR3.
The code can now be rebased (as an intermediate step since at a later step it will need to be rebase on Al). Bala still has some issue passing the functional tests (all 1.2.1 port-mapping related test are failing. Also some of the Junit test are failing.)

Some of the input of Junit tests are hardcoded, so that if new mandatory parameters have been introduced, there must be fed to the Junit tests.
Migration to Aluminum ongoing work :
·         GNPY feature to reactivate: the problem comes from the Yang Parser factory. The Yang Parser factory has to be reinjected.
·         Migration of the functional tests that are now in failure following the API migration. see belo
·        Binding context. Karaf tries to load the package mdsal.codec.impl  but it is no more exported by mdsal (modification in poms).

·         Guillaume is asking for some review on the PCE. He made some modifications to have it working but these modifications are not really on the same line that the initial proposal.
·         Guillaume had to increase the Karaf Java dedicated memory size to have functional test passing.

08/13/2020

General information

Magnesium SR2 released. TPCE merge-release job passed tuesday. We should be part of Mg SR2

Sodium SR4 coming soon but what to put into it ? most of Mg work is focused on OTN and Na does not have this feature

Alumium branch locked since 08/03.

Code review

Gilles did most of the premilmary work to bump to Alumium but it is not yet completed.
This was a huge change, Onoging work to split it.
Aluminium does not buit with jdk 11.0.4. The version used must be at least 11.0.6
Among other things, the API change impacts yangtools generated lists.
The type used is now Map instead of List.

Some bugs found on real equipment with Mg SR2. JIRA tickets to come.

Flex grid stll on work, especially functests that needed an update on honeynode (now merged)


07/30/2020

General information

Magnesium SR2 : there are still some issues with some of the Managed project artifacts.

It shall be solved this week, and self managed project shall have one week to release after this has been solved.

The current estimated date to release Magnesium SR2 is of next week. Daniel de La Rosa will send a mail to Shweta as soon tpce can be released.

Code review

All changes related to Mg SR2 have been merged .
Orange started working on the migration towards Aluminum, which introduces an API disruption, and changes in the DataStore context. This will be the priority for Orange, coming back from vacation since the migration will imply a lot of work.

Javier is back from vacation. Il we will work on rebasing and splitting changes provided by Nokia but also needs to focus on his master study report.

AT&T is experiencing issues with the Portmapping update in some cases after a configuration has been performed on Xponders. AT&T suggested to create an rpc targeting devices that triggers portmapping updates for debugging purposes.

Some issues in developing the test suite for the flex-grid capability. This requires the device to advertise mc-capabilities for degree/SRG in the operational data.  A new operational data file (oper-ROADMD.xml), where these capabilities were added has been created. However, mounting  the device using the honeynode-simulator, only the operational data appear.

07/23/2020

General information

The kernel dependencies have been updated this week.
The gate is back and we don’t see anymore the karaf issue that were encountered last week.
We will need to check the documentation in case that dependencies are changed again
Once the managed project will freeze we shouldn’t see anymore the error stating that the Netconf artifacts are not available.

Code review

Otn-link update fix : addresses a bug associated with the update of the tp after a new link has been created.
Flexgrid portmapping change : AT&T proposed to introduce in the mapping list of the portmapping yang model a container mc-capabilities with slot-width and center-frequency.
The reason for this is that we could have hybrid node that support only Fix Grid on a degree and FlexGrid on others.
Bump project dependencies to Al : Gilles as started the migration towards Aluminium release.
The last release provides a lot of changes especially in the common modules (Serialization of object toward Json or xml, functions to parse yang models. So this migration will be a difficult exercice.
Missing modulation format for 2.2.1 Och interfaces needs to be reviewed.


07/09/2020

General information

For self-managed project Mg SR2, we have up the 20th of July to stage the project.
Branch lock is anticipated to the 13th of July which may lead to a branch lock that happens very early.
If we want to merge something, this needs to be prepared tomorrow, because of next bank holidays in France.
AT&T would like to check the code on equipment. If a bug is detected and a patch is proposed to solve it, this could be submitted to a super-committer.

Code review

Functional tests for SH-Renderer new OTN API change has been merged.

Christophe and Gilles pushed a change “Simplify spdra configuration management in tests” to homogenize the configuration files for the test “Integration of end to end services” change that allows to integrate end otn services has been merged.

Enabled Flexgrid support is ready for review.

Javier has split his previous change. Apart from Kafka brocker and T-API implementation that miss made the other changes have been pushed (3 different ones ). He has fixed merge conflicts but need to modify some of the python test that fails.
He is also working on pushing HoneyNode on GitLab

Functional test for end to end otn services. A test suite is provided for 10GE otn service creation, including the creation of intermediate supporting services (ODU4). The update of the openroadm topology and the otn topology is also tested. To make 1GE tests, the configuration file needs to be adapted to include GE interface. AT&T will also try to have 1GE services tested on equipment. The test will need to be modified to fit with the new approach Guillaume followed (centralizing url in one file). Guillaume will take care of this adaptation.

In “Update docker command” change, Emmanuelle proposes a new way to start the GNPy docker.

07/02/2020

General information

Na SR4 distribution has been approved. No detailed schedule announced.
The team from Nokia has joined the meeting.

Code review

SH-Renderer API code contribution Step1 and Step2 have been merged. Renderer is now capable to differentiate WDM and OTN services. SAPI and DAPI setting have been included (respecting the 16 characters limit). Functional test have been added. Functional tests related to deletion of the service are missing because it implies the PCE has been modified.

Gilles and Christophe could integrate this changes and continue to work on OTN end to end service handling. They recently pushed a change “Integration of end to end otn services”. This change includes the functional service
The work includes 3 changes : 1st addresses the update of path description to 1.6.1. The second one is to set the tribport and tribslot (PCE). Last changes concerns the integration, and includes the deletion of service. This patch is set as WIP, because it does not pass some of the Junit tests.

Guillaume made different changes on the functional tests. One is dedicated to the ability of running it in a Mac environment….
Some other are dedicated to the acceleration of the tests. T-API…….
The number of lines in the code has been significantly reduced to improve their efficiency.

AT&T confirmed that functional test are now running locally.
Susmitha has pushed a contribution on Flexgrid and addressed the comments made in the functional code review.

Nokia has provided a huge contribution. This includes the handling of southbound notification, and handling Northbound T-API interface.
The code provided will be divided in 6 parts
1: Honeycomb update which will be pushed to the specific branch dedicated to it.
2 : Notification handling Updating OpenROADM topology
…Javier has modified the service model to include a path description in order to correlate notifications coming from topology update and affected services.
3 : PCE module where a check of the state of the element of the topology is made before calculationg the path
4 : Topology update notification
5 : Kafka integration (Hardcoded things will be changed)
6 : T-API module (Will try to split it) Integration of Mongo DB, Connectivity, ….

Kafka and MongoDB are probably not supported in ODL (dependencies not present in ODL). It will probably need to be put in a separate place.



06/25/2020

General information

This is the DDF / virtual event week .
TransportPCE was presented. Some questions have been raised about GNPY. A session was also handled by Robert Varga and Guillaume about LFN process.

Code review

“SH-Renderer API code to handle OTN Step1 & 2”:
Apart from trib-port and trib-slot assignment all comments from Olivier were addressed.
ODU4/OTU4 renderer input create has been updated.
Some modification were made in the OLM to support ODU4 implementation where only one network tp is used.
The hashcode method has been adapted to fit with the 16 bytes characters imposed by using Base64 + FNV1-64 algorithm (instead of FNV1-128).

Bala also added some test cases (OTU/ODU/LO ODU services) for SH-Renderer OTN API. Bala experienced some issues with the test when deleting the service.
Gilles and Christophe experienced the same issues and solved the problem working on their side on end to end OTN services creation-deletion.
They propose to merge these changes so that they can continue working on end to end OTN services rebasing their code on the latest Patchset.

One shall note that only SPDRAv1.xml configuration shall be used when we check the creation of interfaces by the renderer, because this is the only one that does not pre-include interfaces.

Susmitha has been working on flexgrid support. She added FlexGridImpl class and made some changes in the portmapping and in tpce- common-types yang
modules. Running it, some failures appear with the OLM in the functional tests

Emmanuelle upgraded the simulators versions so that they include notifications and fix the MAC OS support problems.

Nokia recently provided a significant contribution to transportPCE. This last extends the support of T-API with :
·         The experimental support of a NorthBound Interface (NBI) based on T-API (service-creation, service-status-change notification…),
·         The transcription of OpenROADM topology into a T-API compliant topology, persisted in a MongoDB database
·         Netconf Device notification handling / Topology update (node/link states)
 

Many improvements on Functional tests merged. Better process and strat-up sequence management.
Alignment of 1.2.1 and 2.2.1 tests: Guillaume has modified the functional test so that they all use the same approach. A dictionary is used to define all simulators to be launched and the port they will use.

06/18/2020

General information

ONES virtual event planned next week.
Orange proposed 1 session for TPCE, 1 for BGPCEP and one about LFN infra migrations and ODL scheules synchronization.

Ongoing talks to propose a Na SR4 release update

Code review

Shweta and Susmitha started to prepare the Flex Grid migration.
Power control for flexgrid submitted by Shweta has been merged.

Some troubles with running functional tests on MAC OS
=> ongoing fixes and update of the honeynode zip files
=> Also ongoing refactoring of Functional tests

UUID stabilization on TAPI topo merged

Many update from Orange Labs Egypt and Gi

lles on Junit tests => They started to work on the common modules

Jonas bug fix / improvements merged

Ongoing huge work on the SH-renderer API update

Some bug fixes on the OTN nodes

06/11/2020

General information

There won’t be any ONES EU event. It will be replaced by the virtual ONES NA event in September.

LFN is still in the process of releasing Na SR3. We are ready to be part of it

Code review

Dependencies have been bumped to Mg SR2 on the master branch.

Thanh made a contribution to remove a dependency that what preventing ….. some jobs/features to be updated. Sonar ?
Parallelly, there was a discussion to update the image for functionald from 8c 8G to 4c 16G. => cheaper with more RAM !

OLE made several Junit test contributions. This allowed improving significantly the coverage in tpce to 40%. They will focus on the common module in the coming weeks.

Gilles started working on Junit test for network model. Change 90244 has been merged. It does not cover OTN topology which is covered in another change 90372 for which the review is ongoing.

Jonas proposed 2 changes, one to improve the way we handle spanloss, and the other to fix an OTN PCE bug.

Emmanuelle pushed 2 changes on Lighty.io.
In the first, one missing yang model registration has been solved. The pom  has also been updated. Now the tapi API can be used with lighty.
In Lighty refactoring (90379), she cleaned up some dependencies that were not used, add checkstyle from ODL parent and fix checkstyle violations.

Some functional test have been added for t-api.With lighty.io, it is loaded by default contrary to Karaf.
It appears taht some misconfigaration in bundle/feature tapi configuration prevented it from being loaded correctly by default in the ODL distribution => fixed

Gilles fixed a bug in the PCE OTN node that was introduced when solving spotbugs issues.

Run autopep8 on functional tests…..

Honeynode has been updated to support the interleave capability.

Catch portmapping failure is solving some issues with some of the new OTN switch equipment AT&T has on its platform. PortMapping was failing because there are some mandatory parameters missing in the equipment configuration.

SH-Renderer-API: Bala will start looking to Olivier’s comments beginning next week. Guillaume proposes to rebase this change on the current master.


06/04/2020

General information

Artifacts for Na SR3 have been published.

Orange has  proposed a discussion on tpce Mg Release at Next DDF Forum (virtual Event)

Code review

Ahmed completed some functional test to check the behavior of the PCE in different conditions related to the presence or absence of OMS attributes.
The test notably checks that the PCE does not propose path relying on some links that do not contains OMS attributes.

SH-Renderer API code to handle OTN : the code is almost ready. Before Bala starts working on functional tests, Olivier will make a functional review of the code.

Fix tapi execution : Emmanuelle fixed a null pointer exception and adapted the Junit tests.

Emmanuelle has refactored some functional tests. Guillaume would like AT&T to check and give the confirmation that the behavior is still correct in a MacOS environment

NETCONF-666 bug has been corrected and merged on Mg. It may solve the issue we observed with NETCONF notifications generated by devices in case of multiple Netconf sessions.

05/28/2020

General information

We are officially part of Mg SR1. It will be announce today or tomorrow.
Deadline for managed project for Na SR3 is tomorrow. We are ready for integration in this release, but Netconf artifact is still missing, so that we cannot stage the release.
Wiki URL has again changed from wiki.lfn… to wiki.opendaylight.org, which brings a lot of issues. Guillaume sent a mail to highlight this.
Ongoing discussion on the virtual ONS summit.

The stable Mg branch is locked. So there will not be any additional change backported to it.

Code review


OLE made some contributions on the PCE to adapt the code in the following of the Junit test they made.
Emmanuelle as developed a GNPY stub to help OLE in developing/running the Junit tests for the PCE.
Bala made a change (WIP) on the service Handler. He added otn-service-path method in SH model-mapping and updated renderer to differentiate WDM and OTN service.
The service-path was also updated with connection type.

Guillaume made some changes related with Spotbug issues on inventory and service handler. Now, except for SH, Spotbug is enforced on every module

Honeynode code is now on Github, and Jar files are downloaded directly. Original code is also available  from https://gitlab.com/Orange-OpenSource/lfn/odl/honeynode-simulator.git
This includes last changes made to make it usable in a MacOS environment.

Jamo Luhrsen mentioned that the bug encountered by Javier with Netconf might be similar to NETCONF-666 issue.  

Next Sprint

Sprint planning is on next Tuesday. Please make sure all user stories of interest for you in the backlog!

05/14/2020

General information

ODL TSC is working for Mg SR1 releasing, but the branch is clearly not ready to stage the release.
The old Wiki has been migrated to the new Confluence Wiki. All the information is there. Module description and Requirements are at the same level. It will be updated later on.

Code review

The stable Mg branch is locked. So there will not be any additional change backported to it.

Enforce spotbugs in test-common-module has been merged. Guillaume is waiting for some review on some others equivalent change prior to merge them.
The 2 contributions from Jonas on LLDP neighbours and PCE node validations have been merged
OLE has difficulties to understand PCE operation for OTN since no documentation is available.
Christophe sent a mail about the issue we observed with having several applications subscribing to notifications on Netconf device (as an example Honeynode).
Shweta mentioned is that it may be related with support of the interleave capability of Netconf in NETCONF.

Honeynode code has been pushed to https://gitlab.com/Orange-OpenSource/lfn/odl/honeynode-simulator/

Zip files corresponding to Honeynode executable are now available for 1.1.2 and 2.2.1

Next Sprint

Orange will close the sprint on Jira. After everybody has made some refinement on its user stories (acceptance criteria, detailed description….) we will start building the backlog of the next sprint so that we can set a new Sprint-planning meeting. Proposed date for next sprint planning is the 2nd of June. The period for next sprint will be from the 1st of June to the 25th of June.

05/07/2020

General information

No news about the release to come. It seems that the community is pretty late.

Code review

Additional Junit test have been pushed by OLE,  and merged.
SAPI/DAPI patch has been merged.
Bala raise the fact Building Service Handler, SLF 4J SpotBugs are coming up making more difficult the analysis and the set up.

SpotBugs is highlighting some issues, some of them being real, but others being false positive.
Spotbug is analyzing the BiCode. As an example, sometime it says that a method is not used whereas it is used because it can’t know it. SupressWB warning can be used in the code to avoid Spotbugs raising some issues that shouldn’t.  
Guillaume started working on some spotbug issues.

SH-Renderer API code to handle OTN : Bala Added otn-service-path method in SH model-mapping, updated PCE-listener to differentiate WDM and OTN service, and modified ModelMappingUtils to have input for OTN service path.

Device model 7.0 has been tagged as work in progress and will be kept in the next sprint.

Shweta proposed to give help on reviewing the 2 changes pushed by Jonas.
First contribution is about lldp neighbours discovery, changing some loops behavior.
In the 2nd, PCE optical node validation,  Jonas corrects the PCE behavior so that if PP ports on an end SRG are already used path, computation fails.

04/29/2020

General information

The presentation made in the TWS meeting was appreciated and a question/answer session will be organized next Monday.
Next LFN events : No news from next Developper forum, the ONS America has been postponed to September but it is not canceled
Mg SR1 : we can’t stage the project right now, because managed project are not ready. It shall be possible next Monday. Hopefully, we shall have one week then to stage transportPCE
A new version of checkstyle does not allow separation in the import. Stable Magnesium and Master are now pointing to Mg SR1.

Coding activity

Many changes have been cherry-picked so that we are ready for staging.
The changes on the OTN-Renderer /PCE alignment and topology update have been merged as well as a number of Junit test added by OLE for the PCE.
Fixing PCE spotbug issues : removed some uncalled method from the PCE and add some decorators to solve 2 false-positives.

Guillaume managed to fix the build error on lighty.io and updated the dependencies version to 12.1.0. It is now building and was merged. This change has been backported to the stable Mg branch.

Update device model to 7.0 : functional tests concerning the OLM are failing. The reason could be that some classes associated with the OLM are importing some yang files from common models without stating the version. By default the latest version of the common models are called. As there were a lot of changes in the common models it might be that code is not compatible with some of the elements changed in latest version of common yang models. Some R7.0 equipment may come in the lab in a short time.

SAPI/DAPI : Bala made a change based on both Hashing function proposed by Guillaume and on the contribution from Shweta. It is successfully building but currently failing (PortMapping functional tests), but Bala need additional time to identify where the failure comes from. PortMapping has been modified to include the Hashmap corresponding to the code for SAPI and DAPI.
Guillaume isolated the change related to the portmapping and put it into a separate change (ease the debugging, making easier to identify the impact on the changes of models).

Upgrade to Service Model 6.1 : propose to put it on hold and wait until the issue 678 of OpenROADM is solved (bug related on the introduction of mandatory leaves making the subrate-eth-sla container mandatory whereas it is associated to a when statement, which leads to incorrect behavior in ODL). Then rather than integrating R6.1.1 which shall solve the issue, we could directly jump to R7.1 which will also solve this but add nice features to handle MDONS use case (such as the possibility to handle several notifications urls to different ONAP subcomponents.

04/16/2020

General information

The mailing-lists have been migrated, this includes transportPCE dev list.
The presentation about transport PCE for the Tech work stream (public session) will be on the 27th.
It has been asked by the TSC, and shall be technical. A good starting point could be to reuse the presentation made top OpenROADM user Group.
The gate was broken two days ago, this means the project shall be rebuilt if no Maven cache repo is used.

Coding activity

OLE has added some Junit Tests for the PCE, increasing the overall coverage.
They also provide  the Orange Gitlab LFN-dedicated space with the documentation for the GUI.
Gilles has pushed the “bump project version to magnesium SR1” on the stable magnesium branch.
Mg SR1 is planned for the 4th of May (Managed project). We will have then one week to perform the staging.
The change on SAPI/DAPI shall be adapted (creation of SAPI/DAPI based on a HashMap of 16 Bytes, with preferably the ability to retrieve the original string from the hashmap).
The Change has been rebased (new dependencies) and put as work in progress.
OpenROADM service model 6.1 has been also rebased on new dependencies. The problem is that it modifies the service handler and does not allow to pass the end to end tests.
AT&T will analyze the log and reason for the failure of the functional tests.

Gilles pushed 2 changes to handle topology after an OTN service has been created and to align the Renderer operation with the PCE. This allows notably to update the topology with OTU4, ODTU4 (Structured ODU4) links, used and available bandwidth.  ODU0, ODU2e and  ODU4 services can be provisioned through otn-service-path and supporting OTU4/Och through service-path rpc.

04/9/2020

General Information

TSC would like to have a transportPCE presentation during a TWS meeting. AT&T is ready to support this.
Proposal to make it next Monday, but this can probably be planned at a later date which better fit with our constraints.
Martin raised the question on whether we shall try to push transportPCE for being a Managed Project.
The lack of effective committers would make it difficult at this date.
Martin suggested to discuss with the TSC this at the end of the presentation (mentioning current elements that may need to be solved).


The LFN has decided to migrate the mailing list. We shall receive of invitation to subscribe to the new mailing list.
For Aluminium we have to think about the  old Controller API removal.
This may have an impact, on the code, but  most the work was already done on the databroker migration from September for Sodium.
The Wiki shall be migrated before beginning of May.

Code review

“Update config files and tests” has been merged. It improves the testing environment for GNPY, modifying the config files.
“Improve HoneyNode Docker script” has been merged. The script to initiate the simulators has been changed.
“update lighty.io build script for Mg SR0 support”: Balla made some modifications updating dependencies and was able to build the lighty locally.

Narayan has started working on the support of 2.2.1 Devices in the inventory. He has an issue with the database management.
“Upgrade OpenROADM service model to 6.1” : Susmitha has removed old 5.1 service Model.
She suggests to keep old models in common, because a lot of modules are still using them.

03/26/2020

General information

A release note and a marketing announcement have been prepared. All self-managed projects (including transportPCE) will be in the official distribution.
GUI source code has been published on Orange public Gitlab, the docs have not been published but exist in Microsoft Word docx format, they must be converted in MarkDown.

Code review

“HoneyNode and tox scripts BSD compatible” has been merged : the idea was to rewrite tox scripts and the launcher so that they are BSD compatible and can be used on Mac.

“Calculate Spanloss crashes when OTS is not present” : Susmitha add a check on whether the OTS interface is present or not.

“Setting transponder power level when SRG Rx power range does not exist”   Susmitha made a change to set transponder power level when SRG Rx power range does not exist.

Javier working with Nokia has pushed a change  initiating Device Notification Listener functionality.
They propose to provide contribution that focus on listening to device notifications in order to trigger some network topology updates associated with the state of nodes and tps.

Docker refactoring : HoneyNode Docker refactoring is ongoing.

“Bump project to 2.0.0 and fix feature deployment change” allows bumping Master branch on Aluminum.

Several change have been made to reduce the technical debt and fix different spotbug issues (Separate changes for PCE, Common & Network and Renderer modules).
This changes also allows solving some of the SONAR issues.

03/19/2020

General information

There will be a vote today for Magnesium Release, but they are still experiencing issues with some of the projects.
Guillaume did not manage to stage the release because some dependencies are still missing.

Code review

Docker refactoring for Java 11 : Honeynode has been upgraded to Java11. The Docker that launch the simulators needed also to be upgraded.
In the docker file some changes have been made to introduce a hierarchy. Previously as all simulators and configurations were built directly on the image, the dockers used a lot of memory.
Using the Multi-stage feature of Docker, the size of the image went down from 800 to 240 Mbytes.  Also only one image is now used for all configurations. A script starts several container with their own configuration file. An option has been added to check the health of the simulators by using the REST API.

Adding SAPI/DAPI to Renderer function has been completed also removing some warnings that were generated previously and hardcoded lines.

“Update configuration files and tests” change is focusing on correcting the clfi and addresses of the nodes, and managing OMS attributes and other deprecated attributes  that were moved to the common model.

03/12/2020

General information

Magnesium release is postponed. A bug in karaf prevent some of the modules to start correctly.
Trying to stage the release, it seems that some NETCONF dependencies are not available so that we can’t stage it.

Code review

Ongoing changes on the master branch:

A change has been provided by Anil related to the documentations (migration to Python 3).
Some Changes can be pushed on Master branch. If a change is OK we can then cherry pick it and propose it for Magnesium.

Gilles is working on some adds to the topology management and the renderer to handle OTN link creation in the topology. This code has not been pushed on the repository.

Bala has been working on checkstyle issues for SAPI/DAPI code and will push it this afternoon.

TPCE GUI:
We are working with Fossology to check the licenses associated with the GUI code. After we have checked licenses are compatible, the GUI code will be pushed on Gitlab.

03/05/2020

General information

Magnesium will probably be postponed but we are ready to integrate the release.
We have received some guidelines about the migration of the Wiki (Casey Cain).

Code review

toJava functions introduced by the Magnesium migration do not support null.
The code of GNPy has been changed accordingly (addressing the case where PCE sending a request to GNPy to calculate a path, without sating the wavelength).

The transportPCE features have been reorganized . odltransportpce gathers now all features associated with tpce, ord and api models.
A feature has been added for t-api, as well as an for the inventory. The creation of a t-api bundle was not leading to creation of t-api artifact which breaks karaf.
A change has been proposed to publish the artifact locally, so that they are available to be run in Karaf

The documentations have been reviewed to include OTN support, GNPY, and T-API support (for the export of the topology).
Some example have been provided to explain how to configure OTN devices using intermediate (East/west) APIs, waiting for a full end to end support (planned in later releases of Magnesium).

02/13/2020

General information

We manage to release tpce for Na SR2.

Magnesium code freeze should have been on Monday the 10th of February. Bus as BGPCEP project is not ready, Mg shall be stable only on next Monday.
Guillaume has bumped the dependency and also migrated tox to use controller with JDK 11 and sims with JDK 8(not merged at that time).
Currently the project is building with JDK 8 and 11 with Sodium. JDK 11 is mandatory for Mg.

Maven verified job  needs to be migrated to JDK 11 (currently building on JK8). So this should not affect the current code.
A patch has been proposed to releng/builder to migrate. It has been merged during the meeting. So the gate is now using JDK11.

Code review

When AT&T is pushing code, the building process fails. LFN doc tools needs Python 3.6 . ATT changes need to be rebased on the current master to use the new version of tox.ini
PCE consolidation  (according to Jonas comment, and OSNR calculation improvement) has been merged.
The PCE OTN initial code has been reworked through  “Adapt PCE code for OTN services” commit which has been merged.

OTN renderer code and PCE code have been put on top of Upgrade to service-path1.7
OTN renderer code was initialy rebased on service path 1.7 before it was cleaned-up leading now to a merge conflict. The way to solve this has been identified during the meeting.

Guillaume is currently trying to rebase the Magnesium dependencies on top of the master branch.
There are some changes in the yang tools : they have changed the implementation of yang list leading to the impossibility of sorting correctly these list.
This breaks the functional tests.

AT&T has started working on service and network models 6.1 integration. There are some issues , probably coming from common models.
Bala has also started working on including SAPI and DAPI field on interface Builders (OTU4 creation) in the renderer but functional test fails (at the Topology level)
AT&T identified an issue with ODL parsing device responses to Netconf config edit. They need to investigate a bit further to understand whether the issue comes from ODL (NETCONF) or from the equipment.

02/06/2020

General information

The next DDF won’t be collocated with the ONS. It will be associated with the ONAP event in Seoul.

Magnesium code freeze for Managed project is beginning next week. This means that the API won’t change.


Code review

Guillaume fixed the problems with tox profiles and the gate works again.

Ahmed managed to finish his work on GNPY and addressed most of Jonas comments on the PCE. The problem of identifier for fiber and EDFA has been fixed.
The only remaining  point of discussion concerns the Belmann Ford algorithm and latency management, but Jonas agreed for the merge.


Shweta has addressed all the comments made from a functional view on the renderer which was also realigned to the service-path 1.7.
AT&T has started working on the upgrade to Service and Network models 6.1.

Christophe and Gilles pushed the new version of the PCE. They have reviewed all the code and have updated it to perform the path calculation for OTN service (OTU4 from network to network ports on OpenROADM topology, ODU4 from network to network ports on otn-topology relying on an OTU4 link, and 10GE/ODU2 & 1GE/ODU0 from client to client ports relying on an ODU4 link. They had to change the structure to introduce a new interface PceNode where generic methods are defined. These last being implemented by PceOpticalNode (previous PceNode) and PceOtnNode.

The part that misses for Magnesium are :

  • OTU/ODU link population in the topology : Christophe and Gilles will work on their side on method in the topology building to create link in topology. Shweta and Bala will focus on renderer
  • Service deletion which shall be quite straight-forward

Emmanuelle worked on HoneyNode which can be built and run on Java11. We are currently making tests to validate the solution.

Guillaume managed to make the code build with Magnesium, but still have some issues to solve. The community has introduced spotBugs (similar to SONAR) which raises some errors.


  • No labels