- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Welcome to Cardinal
|Table of Contents|
Cardinal (OpenDaylight Monitoring as a Service) enables SDN Controller - OpenDaylight (ODL) and the underlying software defined network to be remotely monitored by deployed Network Management Systems (NMS) or Analytics suite.
|Release||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Manual Integration Testing||Installation Guide||User Guide||Developer Guide||CSIT Test Suite|
|Boron||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Manual Integration test||Refer Note (1)||User Guide||Developer Guide||Test Cases|
|Carbon||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Manual Integration test||Refer Note (1)||User Guide||Developer Guide||Test Cases|
Note (1): Installation procedure is the same as applicable for OpenDaylight. The additional command to be executed for Cardinal feature installation is as follows: feature:install odl-cardinal
If you'd like to attend our weekly calls, please send an email to email@example.com (we are in IST - Indian Standard Time)
Architecture & Technical Overview
For High Level Design and Architecture please refer the project proposal page for more details
- Project proposal
- File:Cardinal-ODL Monitoring as a Service V1.pdf
- Steps to compile ODL-CARDINAL-MIB
- Subodh Roy - Subodh.Roy@tcs.com
- Rajani Srivastava - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Akanksha Singh - Akanksha.email@example.com
Open Issues / Dependency on other Projects
- [Creation review logs] Meeting minutes
- [Creation review inputs] <rovarga__> There is an RFC which translates to YANG to SMIv2 which would allow YANG models to be MIBs. Having automated translation would seem like the right way to do. Boron update This will be looked into in the future releases of OpenDaylight Cardinal. Boron release aims at getting the base framework in place for Cardinal feature.
- [Creation review inputs] <edwarnicke> If plan is to run snmpd and snmptradp as separate processes. Why the decision was to also use snmptrapd and snmpd over Java native with snmp4j. Action: colindixon and edwarnicke to follow up about deployability concerns Boron update Recommendations incorporated to include Java native libraries (snmp4j).
- [Creation review inputs] Action: <colindixon> To connect Cardinal with the OpenNMS guys to see if there's a way to keep some work in common Boron update Initial discussions were on usage of the SNMP library. As a follow-up, the usage of Java native libraries (snmp4j) unblocked the issues.
Externally Consumable APIs
- System Info APIs
- Karaf Info APIs
Project Creation Date: March 31st, 2016
Lifecycle State: Nitrogen Release (Offset 2)
Primary Contact: Subodh Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project Lead: Subodh Roy (email@example.com)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Subodh Roy, ODL userID Subodh
- email@example.com Rajani Srivastava, ODL userID rajaniS
Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archives: mailing list archives
Meetings: See Community Meetings
Repository: git clone https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/cardinal
Jenkins: jenkins silo
Gerrit Patches: code patches/reviews
Getting Started for Users
Getting Started for Developers