TSC meetings are held weekly for one hour on Thursdays. Meeting time alternates each week. Standard: 9am Pacific and APAC: 10pm Pacific.
Attendees & Representation
TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate below table with @name for @name
Staff: Casey Cain
Community: Sangwook Ha
- Start the Recording
- We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
- Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
- TAC & SPC Updates
- Marketing Update
- TSC Grievance Tracking
- General Topics
- TSC Modernization discussion
- Any Other Topics
- Sulfur release is still in progress, but Robert Varga is working on it as described in his last post
TAC & SPC Update
- ODL in the cloud
- Luis Gomez believes that there is a need to pursue a position to support cloud
- We could identify some specific use case to promote
- Tencent said they used a version of ODL but they've made their own version with microservices.
- Updating Karaf/OSGI framework
- Luis Gomez If we move towards Kuberneteees, helm charts will make ODL more consumable.
- Verizon has been contributing helm charts
- Luis Gomez Robot is not working well for us, but updating it would be a challenge.
- It was asked if Cedric Ollivierwould like to look at our testing and if he would be interested in proposing upgrades.
- Robert Varga we need more engagement from downstreams companies that are not contributing back to ODL - it is a part of the LFN duty
Casey Cain proposal to advertize a direction and call for contribution through the governing board