Project Creation Date: Jan 8th, 2015
Project Lead: Kai Gao <gaok12 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
IRC: freenode.net #opendaylight-alto
Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is an IETF protocol to provide network information to applications. The ALTO project in OpenDayLight is an effort to implement ALTO in OpenDayLight. In addition to implementing the ALTO base protocol, the project leverages OpenDayLight to introduce a provisioning interface for ALTO.
In particular, ALTO defines abstractions and services to provide simplified network views and network services to guide application usage of network resources. And it includes five services:
- Network Map Service: The Map Service provides batch information to ALTO clients in the forms of ALTO network maps.
- Cost Map Service: An ALTO cost map provides costs between defined groupings.
- Filtered Map Service: The Filtered Map Service allows ALTO clients to query an ALTO server on ALTO network maps and/or cost maps based on additional parameters.
- Endpoint Property Service: This service allows ALTO clients to look up properties for individual endpoints.
- Endpoint Cost Service: The Endpoint Cost Service allows an ALTO server to return costs directly amongst endpoints.
If you want to know more about ALTO, please read Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol (RFC 7285).
And you could see more histories or extensions about ALTO from here.
- Generic Materials
- Other documents
|Release||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Installation Guide||User Guide||Developer Guide||Test Plan||How-To's/Tutorials|
|Lithium||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Lithium Installation Guide||Lithium User Guide||Lithium Developer Guide||System Test Plan||-|
|Beryllium||Release Notes||Release Plan||Release Review||Beryllium Installation Guide||Beryllium User Guide||Beryllium Developer Guide||-||-|
|Boron||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||Boron Installation Guide||Boron User Guide||Boron Developer Guide||-||-|
|Carbon||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||-||Carbon User Guide||Carbon Developer Guide||System Test Plan||-|
|Nitrogen||Release Plan||-||Release Review||-||-||-||-||-|
Meetings (open to all)
- Topic: ODL - Weekly ALTO Project meeting using Skype
- Date/Time: Tuesday's at 9 AM PST
- Host(s): Y. Richard Yang (email@example.com).
Please contact hosts to join the Skype meetings.
The ALTO project will work in a cluster configuration, and as an MD-SAL application, it does not require special code to operate in a cluster configuration.
Problems? Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .