This section lists events that OpenDaylight developers may by interested in attending and presenting at. The more general "Global Events" page on the main OpenDaylight website can be found HERE
- What: The main OPNFV annual conference
- When: June 12th - 15th, 2017
- CFP - Should be open the week of February 13th, 2017
- Where: Beijing, China
- What is ODL Doing There: We will have a booth and a mini-summit - focusing on our collaborative activities with OPNFV and other LF Projects such as Open-O
Containercon LINUXCON CLOUDOPEN China
- What: Linux Foundation main annual event in China
- When: June 19th - 20th, 2017
- CFP Is Open Now. It Closes on March 18th, 2017
- CFP Page
- Where: Beijing, China
- What is ODL Doing There: No Formal Plans - ODL staff will submit presentation proposal(s) for the Networking Track, and we encourage community members to do the same
All Things Open / Opensource.com
- What: Open Source event covering a range of topics in the Open Source Community
- When: October 23-24
- CFP Page (closed)
- Where: Raleigh, NC
Open Source Summit North America
- What: LinuxCon, ContainerCon, CloudOpen and the new Community Leadership Conference combine under one umbrella name in 2017 - the Open Source Summit.
- When: September 11th to September 13th 2017
- CFP Page (Due May 6th)
- Where: JW Marriott LA Live, Los Angeles, CA
Mobile Edge Computing Congress
- What: Conference covering the proliferation of edge computing use cases.
- When: September 26th to September 28th, 2017
- CFP Page Due June 1
- Where: Berlin, Germany
Open Source Summit Europe
- What: LinuxCon, ContainerCon, CloudOpen and the new Community Leadership Conference combine under one umbrella name in 2017 - the Open Source Summit
- When: October 23rd to October 25th, 2017
- CFP Page Due July 8th
- Where: Hilton Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
CloudNativeCon / KubeCon
- What: Gathering of all CNCF projects such as Fluentd, Kubernetes, Linkerd, OpenTracing, Prometheus, and more.
- When: December 6th - 7th, 2017
- CFP Page Due August 21st
- Where: Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas
ODL Nitrogen Developer Design Forum
- What:The Prime ODL-Developer focused event for introducing new ideas and planning activities during the Nitrogen development cycle.
- When: May 31st and June 1st, 2017
- Where: Santa Clara Marriott, Santa Clara, CA
Eurasia Network Operators Group ENOG13
- What: The goal of ENOG Meetings is for operators from the region to share experiences and discuss common interests and ideas for the local and global Internet community.
- When: 23 - 24 May, 2017
- Where: Saint Petersburg, Russia
Open Networking Summit
- What: The Premier Networking Event organized by the Linux Foundation to drive Open Networking and Open Source Networking activities across the industry.
- When: April 3rd - 6th, 2017
- CFP CLOSED
- CFP Page
- Where: Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA
- What is ODL Doing There: On April 6th or 7th, there will be an "ODL Tutorials/Lab day with 2 to 4 hands on labs/tutorials. The CFP for such tutorials will take place in January.
Docfest at ONS
- What: A documentation review, writing and tool hacking gathering to make progress on any documentation issues across all LF projects.
- When: April 2nd 10a-5p; April 3rd 9a-noon
- Where: Co-located with ONS at the Santa Clara Convention Center
- Confirmed Attendees:
- Colin Dixon
- JamO Luhrsen
- Thanh Ha
- Beau Williamson
- Chris Price (planning)
- Marcus Williams
- Luis Gomez
NFV World Congress
- What: A Layer 1-2-3 event focused on NFV
- When: May 2nd - 5th, 2017
- Where: Santa Clara, CA
- What is ODL Doing There: No formal plans - Members are encouraged to show off solutions leveraging OpenDaylight
Open Stack Summit
- What: The massive semi-annual gathering of the Open Stack Developer and User communities
- When:May 8th - 11th, 2017
- CFP CLOSED
- CFP Page
- Where: Boston, MA
- What is ODL Doing There: We will have a booth, and a presentation in the "Marketplace Theater". You are highly encouraged to submit presentation proposal to educate the OpenStack community on what/how ODL can benefit them.
Linux Foundation Leadership Summit
- What: A by-invitation event where the leaders of Linux Foundation projects come to discuss current activities
- When: February 14 - 16, 2017
- Where: The Resort at Squaw Creek - Lake Tahoe, CA
- What is ODL Doing There:We are working with the organizers to provide a space for the TSCs from many of the Networking projects to meet and discuss common opportunities, challenges, and ways they can work better together.
Carbon Developer Design Forum
When: September 28th & 29th 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
Where: Meydenbauer Center, Seattle Washington
For full details on the Carbon Developer Design Forum (DDF) go here
Boron Developer Design Forum
When: February 29th and March 1st 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
Where: San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
For full details on the Boron Developer Design Forum (DDF) go here
Beryllium Mid-Cycle HackFest
When: November 9th & 10th, 2015
Where: Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Burlingame, CA
How: This event is primarily run in an "unconference" style. Hence there is not much of a pre-disposed schedule/agenda for talks. Instead, this event is focused on allowing project's with interdependencies or other collaborations (testing etc) to hudle together during these two days and finalize coding, generate test-cases, and/or create documentation for their projects.
Please update the list of topics that you would like covered. If someone lists a topic and you also want to be part of the discussion, add your name next to it so we know how popular that topic is.
OpenDaylight Developer Forum - Santa Clara, CA July 30th and 31st, 2015
If you are a developer within the OpenDaylight Project or would like to become one soon, please join us at our next OpenDaylight Developer Forum. This event is by developers for developers.
- October 13th, 2014 in Dusseldorf, Germany
- October 29th, 2014 in Tokyo, Japan
- HackFests:vHackFest Oct 17 2013
- vHackFest Sept 19 2013
- HackFest Sept 10-11 2013
- HackFest July 22-23 2013
- HackFest June 6-7 2013
- HackFest April 10 2013
- HackFest March 26th - 28th 2014 in Napa Valley
- Events/Beryllium HackFest
OpenDaylight User Groups (ODLUG)
OpenDaylight User Groups (ODLUG) are regional, self-organized, informal associations that meet globally to discuss OpenDaylight. The participants in these groups share knowledge, recruit and onboard new developers, discuss best practices and technical challenges, as well as create awareness. ODLUG hold meetups, run small hackathons, and host social events. Learn more.