Jump to: navigation, search

Events:Neon Dev Forum

OpenDaylight Neon Developer Forum - Amsterdam September 23th & 24th 2018

If you are a developer within the OpenDaylight Project or would like to become one soon, please join us at our next OpenDaylight Developer Forum. This event is by developers for developers. Topics for this event are collected and decided in two different ways.

Please see the section below and add any topics that you would like to lead and/or attend. List the topic, and your name. If there is a topic that you would like discuss, but you do not feel that you can lead it, please list the topic below and indicate that you are "Interested in Attending", then indicate TBD as the "Topic Leader". - We will also run an "unconference" at the design forum where we will collect topics of interest during the morning of each day and partition out the available space/time for those interested in those topics to discuss them. Remember If you haven't yet registered for the DDF you need to do so at this URL: Neon Developer Design Forum Registration:

https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2534119

Topics

ODL in 2020 - our vision

  • Name: ODL in 2020 - our vision
  • Description: Open discussion on how do we envision ODL in 1-2 years and what should we do to get there
  • Topic Leader: Ariel Adam
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Ariel Adam
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • Juraj Veverka

Neon CI jobs stabilization

  • Name: Neon CI jobs stabilization
  • Description: Discussing different approaches of how to stabilize the Neon CI jobs targeting failed jobs to be the exception :-)
  • Topic Leader: Abhijit Kumbhare & Ariel Adam
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Abhijit Kumbhare
    • Ariel Adam

Fluorine Retrospective

  • Name: Fluorine Retrospective
  • Description: Lessons from Fluorine as the first managed release
  • Topic Leader: Abhijit Kumbhare & Ariel Adam
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Abhijit Kumbhare
    • Ariel Adam
    • Guillaume Lambert
    • Brady Johnson
    • Anil Vishnoi

etcd as ODL datastore

  • Description: Come learn where we're at regarding running OpenDaylight with etcd as datastore in the project currently hosted on https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-etcd.
  • Topic Leader: Michael Vorburger
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Brady Johnson
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Janki Chhatbar
    • Anil Vishnoi

OpenDaylight without Karaf and OSGi

  • Description: Come learn where we're at regarding running OpenDaylight Simple <https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-simple> - a distribution of OpenDaylight without the OSGi-based Karaf foundation which underpins the ODL distribution you know today. Benefits to the Ecosystem: OpenDaylight's developer ecosystem growth is hampered by its choice of the OSGi architecture and Karaf platform, which -as much "fun" as they are- are basically "exotic" in the larger picture of the millions of people who have prior development expierence on the Java platform, and who are typically used to a simpler both programming and deployment model. This proposed new simpler alternative architecture removes a number of pain points which OpenDaylight development and integration is facing today.
  • Topic Leader: Michael Vorburger
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Brady Johnson
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Guillaume Lambert
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • First Last

OpenDaylight as MicroService or Spring Boot application.

  • Description: Learn more about various possibilities of using OpenDaylight components in different runtime environments without Karaf OSGi. <https://lighty.io/> now under EPL v1.0 opens path from OpenDaylight / karaf to vast Java ecosystem and mainstream frameworks. Let's explore <https://github.com/PantheonTechnologies/lighty-core> and example applications running in development stacks like simple Jetty/REST HTTP2 microservice, Spring Boot application, gRPC stack integrations, constrained ARM devices, data analytics - pushing model data into ElasticSearch and many more.
  • Topic Leader: Juraj Veverka
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • First Last

OpenDaylight technical utilities (infrautils and genius)

  • Description: Learn more about various technical utility goodies available from ODL projects infrautils and genius: Metrics, Caches, System Ready-ness & DiagStatus, Component Tests utilities including Dependency Injection without OSGi Blueprint, MDSAL Transaction & Listener helpers, RPC wrappers, Jobs, Web API, Code Quality tools - we got you covered!
  • Topic Leader: Michael Vorburger
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan
    • Janki Chhatbar
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • First Last

Neon MRI Integration Window

  • Description: Each OpenDaylight release starts with a core infrastructure update coming from odlparent, yangtools and (for the first time) mdsal. These changes tend to break downstream projects and therefore require action on their part. This session will provide an overview of the incoming changes, what is the current state of preparation and a general discussion on what needs to happen next.
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Brady Johnson
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Guillaume Lambert
    • First Last

Kernel Projects Planning

  • Description: This session will discuss high-level deliverables and timing of what the offset-0 projects have planned for Neon and a lookahead what the Sodium MRI Integration Window can potentially contain. This is an overall syncup on what the committers in kernel projects are planning to do, when and how.
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • First Last

ODL Software Quality Improvements

  • Description: Discuss how to start implementing ODL Software Quality Improvements in the Neon release. We have been discussing this since the Fluorine DDF, and have made a lot of progress. We will also present a gap assessment, detailing the effort involved for all of the managed projects to enable the Style Check and Find Bugs tools.
  • Topic Leader: Brady Johnson
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Juraj Veverka
    • First Last

OpenDaylight Scale and Performance in OpenStack

  • Description: This session goes over the current state of performance and scale testing of OpenDaylight for OpenStack use cases.
  • Topic Leader: Sai Sindhur Malleni
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Juraj Veverka
    • First Last

Genius Project Planning

  • Description: This session will discuss high-level deliverables and timing of what GENIUS has planned for Neon. This slot will be used by the genius committers and contributors on having a retro on the Fluorine release, and on the things that can be improved for Neon. We will also be giving an overview of what is new in Genius for Neon.
  • Topic Leader: Faseela K
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Sam Hague
    • Vishal Thapar
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan

NetVirt Project Planning

  • Description: This session will discuss high-level deliverables and timing of what NetVirt has planned for Neon. This slot will be used by the committers and contributors on having a retro on the Fluorine release, and on the things that can be improved for Neon. We will also be giving an overview of what is new for Neon.
  • Topic Leader: Vishal Thapar
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Sam Hague
    • Vishal Thapar
    • Faseela K
    • Ariel Adam
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan

ODLTools Overview and Planning

  • Name: How to Effectively Monitor, Troubleshoot and Analyze OpenDaylight Deployments
  • Description: This will cover ODLTools, a new project added in Fluorine to make it easier to Troubleshoot, Monitor and Analyze OpenDaylight deployments. We will also discuss features planned for Neon release.
  • Topic Leader: Vishal Thapar, Sam Hague
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • Ariel Adam
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan
    • First Last

OpenDaylight Community Key signing party

  • Name: Key signing party
  • Description: We will get together and sign each other's GPG keys. Please follow instructions here to prepare for the signing party: https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/discuss/2018-September/008060.html
  • Topic Leader: Thanh Ha
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • First Last
    • First Last

COE Project Planning

  • Description: This session will discuss the various features and activities planned for COE in Neon. We will also have a retro on our work for Fluorine. Topic for discussion but not limited to the following:
- Support for non-OF southbound like Netconf
- Scale testing of COE 
- Deployment models for COE
- COE CSIT - Current status and learnings  
  • Topic Leader: Prem Sankar G
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Ariel Adam
    • Anil Vishnoi
    • First Last

Managed transactions

  • Name: Managed transactions
  • Description: Genius and NetVirt use a managed transaction framework to ensure that transactions are always closed correctly, and also that they only use a single datastore. This abstracts a number of concerns around transactions, hopefully allowing future improvements to the way they're handled. I'm hoping to move this framework to MD-SAL to make it available everywhere. This session will explain how it's used and its benefits.
  • Topic Leader: Stephen Kitt
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Hema Gopalakrishnan

SM Projects Strategy

  • Name: Self-Managed Projects Strategy
  • Description: Fluorine has been the first release where Self-Managed projects have followed a different development and release process. During this presentation we will discuss what went well and not that well in this process, things we can improve for Neon release and where do we ultimately see Self-Managed projects in OpenDaylight, more decoupled from platform distribution, creating their own distribution and marketing for their releases for example.
  • Topic Leader: Luis Gomez
  • Interested In Attending: TSC members, release folks, any Self-managed PTL/Committer/Contributor and any other person interested in the topic.
    • Guillaume Lambert
    • First Last
    • Ariel Adam

ODL Test Dashboard

  • Name: ODL Test Dashboard
  • Description: This presentation is about the new framework prepared by Dibya Das (ODL intern) to automatically generate dashboards from CSIT jobs (feature + perf tests) in Kibana.
  • Topic Leader: Luis Gomez
  • Interested In Attending: Test folks and any other person interested in the topic.
    • Guillaume Lambert
    • Ariel Adam

Feedback on ODL netconf

  • Name: Feedback on ODL netconf : making the ODL controller work with real netconf network devices and stubs
  • Description: This is a short discussion to present the various issues identified during the development of TransportPCE, especially when developing our functional tests with stubs and when putting the controller in front of real netconf devices (potentially buggy). This includes various netconf server implementations such as testtool, honeynode, netopeer and conf-D. Maybe integrated to the FLuorine retrospective depending on the time slot.
  • Topic Leader: Guillaume Lambert.
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • First Last
    • Juraj Veverka
    • Ariel Adam

Sample Design Forum Discussion Topic

  • Name: Sample Name (eg Improving Boron Documentation)
  • Description: Description of the topic and the objective/outcome desired at the end of the discussion.
  • Topic Leader: The person that is knowledgeable enough to lead and moderate this discussion.
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • First Last
    • First Last

ODL status based on Bitergia Analytics Dashboard

  • Please, when scheduling topics, take into account we can only do it on Monday, sorry about this restriction.
  • Description: Bitergia Analytics Dashboard (https://opendaylight.biterg.io) provides data and metrics for several ODL community areas. We will introduce the dashboard and discuss some use cases. About the latter one, the idea is to get feedback and assist the community. Attendants are more than welcome to propose use cases during the event or beforehand (please add them below, next to your name).
  • Topic Leader: Alberto Perez Garcia-Plaza
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • First Last

ODL Integration with Network Service Mesh

  • Name: ODL Integration with Network Service Mesh
  • Description: What is Network Service Mesh? How should we integrate with Network Service Mesh? What features should we expose first?
  • Topic Leader: Frederick F. Kautz IV
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • First Last

Schedule

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EqBfglaO-wt3QeBRHjYBNiloPcBnkjtD2xPyDhYilEc/edit?usp=sharing