Jump to: navigation, search

Events:Sodium Dev Forum

OpenDaylight Sodium Developer Forum - Bay Area April 1-2, 2019

If you are a developer within the OpenDaylight Project or would like to become one soon, please join us at our next OpenDaylight Developer Forum. This event is by developers for developers. Topics for this event are collected and decided in two different ways.

Please see the section below and add any topics that you would like to lead and/or attend. List the topic, and your name. If there is a topic that you would like discuss, but you do not feel that you can lead it, please list the topic below and indicate that you are "Interested in Attending", then indicate TBD as the "Topic Leader". - We will also run an "unconference" at the design forum where we will collect topics of interest during the morning of each day and partition out the available space/time for those interested in those topics to discuss them. Remember If you haven't yet registered for the DDF you need to do so at this URL: Sodium Developer Design Forum Registration: Post your name below in the Attendees block

Logistics

Location:

Ericsson, 2755 Augustine Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054

Conference Rooms:

Carl Johan (main session) and Hilda Ericsson (any parallel sessions)

Ericsson Visitor Check-in at reception:

Once you arrive you will need to sign in the Visitor form and show an issue government identification (ID, DL, Passport).

Zoom Info

      https://zoom.us/j/265964615
      Dial by your location
       +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
       +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
       877 369 0926 US Toll-free
       855 880 1246 US Toll-free
      Meeting ID: 265 964 615
      Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ayPa3MiRt

Attendees

  • Abhijit Kumbhare
  • Dayavanti Kamath
  • Luis Gomez
  • Prem Sankar
  • Robert Varga
  • Guillaume Lambert
  • Cédric Ollivier
  • Casey Cain
  • Daniel de la Rosa
  • Anil Kumar Vishnoi
  • Shaleen Saxena
  • Balaji Varadaraju
  • Ajay Lele
  • Anil Belur
  • SaravanaKumar Mani
  • Murugesan Ramalingam
  • Yevgeny Shakhnovich
  • Robert Constantakis
  • SathishKumar Alwar

Slides are here.

Schedule

Monday April 1st, 2019
9:00 - 10:00 | Sodium Integration Window
10:00 - 11:00 | Integration Planning
11:00 - 12:00 | Automating a functional tests suite in ODL platform
12:00 - 13:30 | Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 | Java 11 compatibility
14:30 - 15:30 | Clustered Datastore to transition to Tell-based Protocol
15:30 - 16:30 | OpenDaylight Platform Project
16:30 - 17:30 | COE

Tuesday April 2nd, 2019
9:00 - 9:30 | Alt Data Stores Project Proposal
9:30 - 10:00 | OpenDaylight Community
10:00 - 11:00 | OpenDaylight Scale
11:00 - 12:00 | Simplify ODL
12:00 - 13:30 | Lunch
13:30 - 14:00 | Project Tooling
14:00 - XX:XX | TBA

Topics

Sample Topic

  • Name: Topic
  • Description: Sample Topic Name
  • Topic Leader: Topic Leader
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Name 1
    • Name 2
    • Name 3

OpenDaylight Community

  • Name: OpenDaylight Community in Sodium and beyond
  • Description: OpenDaylight Community in Sodium and beyond. Top challenges and opportunities for OpenDaylight.
  • Topic Leader: Abhijit Kumbhare
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Casey Cain

Alt-Data Stores Project Proposal

  • Name: Alt-Data Stores Project Proposal
  • Description: Alt-Data Stores Project Proposal. The proposal description is here
  • Topic Leader: Jie Han
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Michael Vorburger
    • TSC

COE

  • Name: COE Planning
  • Description:
    • Agenda:
      • Netvirt integration planning
      • Netconf scoping
      • COE integration with NetworkServiceMesh
  • Topic Leader: Prem Sankar
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Prem Sankar pgopannan@luminanetworks.com
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Faseela K faseela.k@ericsson.com
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com

Java 11 compatibility

  • Name: Java 11 compatibility status and next steps
  • Description: Sodium needs to support build with JDK11 so we can declare Java 11 as a supported runtime.
    • Agenda:
      • Overview of goals
      • Plan of execution for Sodium and beyond
      • Current state
      • Next steps (volunteers welcome)
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Robert Varga robert.varga@pantheon.tech
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Faseela K faseela.k@ericsson.com
    • Anil Belur askb23@gmail.com
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com

OpenDaylight Platform Project

  • Name: OpenDaylight Platform as a Top-Level project
  • Description: OpenDaylight has a few infrastructure projects, which together form a minimum platform used by most downstreams. These projects integrate on low-level internals, which do not affect most downstreams. About half of them are MRI, following SemVer rules while the other half is MSI with no explicit versioning. Lessons learned from the past two integration windows show that all projects participating in Simulatenous Release would benefit if these projects were delivered as a pre-integrated package during the MRI window, rather then entering the MRI window in a half-integrated state. We will discuss how a top-level project composed of SemVer/MRI projects can help stability and improve predictability.
    • Agenda:
      • Project dependency and technology breakdown
      • Lessons from past MRI windows
      • What is a Top-Level project
      • Proposal on Requirements for Participation
      • Proposal on project lifecycle
      • Proposal on execution
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Robert Varga robert.varga@pantheon.tech
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Faseela K faseela.k@ericsson.com
    • guillaume.lambert@orange.com
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com

Sodium Integration Window

  • Name: Sodium Integration Window status
  • Description: As in past releases, Sodium MRI Integration is upon us. While this integration does not bring any large-scale migrations, we will touch base on where we are and what needs to be done. We will also drill down into any issues that need hacking, bring your wood-working tools!
    • Agenda:
      • Integration Window scope
      • Current status
      • Next steps, Q&A, hack session
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Robert Varga robert.varga@pantheon.tech
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Faseela K faseela.k@ericsson.com
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com

Clustered Datastore to transition to Tell-based Protocol

  • Name: Enabling Tell-based Protocol by default
  • Description: Based on current testing, it seems we are finally reaching the point where our functional tests are working with Tell-based protocol, which would make AskTimeoutExceptions history. We will discuss timelines and execution, so that we can ship Sodium with CDS defaulting to tell-based.
    • Agenda:
      • Current status
      • Next steps
      • Timeline
  • Topic Leader: Robert Varga
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Robert Varga robert.varga@pantheon.tech
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Faseela K faseela.k@ericsson.com
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • Yevgeny Shakhnovich yevgeny.shakhnovich@us.fujitsu.com

Simplify ODL

  • Name: OpenDaylight without Karaf and OSGi
  • Description: Real-life experience on customer projects with ODL running without Karaf and OSGi. lighty.io project continued growing in 2018. This year lighty.io provides more ODL south-bound plugins and interesting new features.
    • Agenda:
      • Current status, lighty.io releases
      • NETCONF and RESTCONF
      • AAA
      • Swagger
      • OpenFlow SBP
      • ovsdb SBP
      • Deployments, lighty.io in the wild
  • Topic Leader: Juraj Veverka
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Juraj Veverka juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • guillaume.lambert@orange.com
    • SathishKumar Alwar sathishkumar.alwar@us.fujitsu.com
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • SaravanaKumar Mani saravanakumar.mani@us.fujitsu.com
    • Murugesan Ramalingam murugesan.ramalingam@us.fujitsu.com

Automating a functional tests suite in ODL platform

  • Name: Automating a functional tests suite in ODL platform
  • Description: Experience feedback on how transportPCE automatized its functional tests inside ODL current Jenkins/releng framework.
    • Agenda:
      • TransportPCE feedback on how python tox and nosetests can be used to automate functional tests inside ODL releng framework
      • current limitations
      • other approachs inspired from OPNFV
      • open discussion
  • Topic Leader: Guillaume Lambert / Cédric Ollivier
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • guillaume.lambert@orange.com
    • cedric.ollivier@orange.com
    • juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com

Integration Planning

  • Name: Integration Planning
  • Description: We will use this session to set the Sodium goals for the different Integration projects
    • Agenda:
      • Infra plan
      • Int/Test plan
      • Int/Dist plan
      • Int/Pack plan
      • AR plan
      • Docs plan
  • Topic Leader: Luis Gomez
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • Anil Belur
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com

OpenDaylight Scale

  • Name: OpenDaylight Scale
  • Description: We will use this session to discuss ODL architecture that scales, specially on the SB side, question like: how do you deploy ODL to handle 10K devices needs to be answered from an architecture POV. Other SDN controllers are looking or already have some kind of horizontal scale architecture based in container/kubernetes + message bus, we should start looking at similar things in ODL.
    • Agenda:
      • Problem statement
      • Possible solutions
      • Open discussion
      • Next steps?
  • Topic Leader: Luis Gomez
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Luis Gomez ecelgp@gmail.com
    • juraj.veverka@pantheon.tech
    • Daniel de la Rosa ddelarosa@luminanetworks.com
    • SathishKumar Alwar sathishkumar.alwar@us.fujitsu.com
    • SaravanaKumar Mani saravanakumar.mani@us.fujitsu.com
    • Murugesan Ramalingam murugesan.ramalingam@us.fujitsu.com
    • Yevgeny Shakhnovich yevgeny.shakhnovich@us.fujitsu.com

Project Tooling

  • Name: Project Tooling
  • Description: Discuss tooling used by the community such as Groups.io and Confluence.
  • Topic Leader: Casey Cain
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    • Everyone :)