Jump to: navigation, search

Kernel Projects Call

Overview

The Weekly Kernel Projects Call will contain a status update followed by additional information for the given week. Please see the agenda for the update topic. The existing MD-SAL Interest Call notes are located here.

Weekly on Tuesday at 9AM PDT/PST

Upcoming Agenda Topics

Tuesday, Feb 5th, 2019

Tuesday, Jan 29th, 2019

Tuesday, Jan 15th, 2018

  • Sodium MRI lookahead
    • odlparent breakages?
    • yangtools has nothing major planned
    • mdsal has nothing major planned
    • controller as MRI?
      • lesson from mdsal: transition is best done just before branch cut (i.e. 1/24/2019)

Past Agenda Topics

Tuesday, Jan 8th, 2018

  • Flourine SR2 is 2/7/2019
    • odlparent-3.1.6
    • anything else?
  • Neon code freeze is 1/24/2019
    • odlparent-4.0.8
    • are we ready?
  • Oxygen CSIT failures

Tuesday, Nov 20th, 2018

  • org.opendaylight.infrautils.utils.concurrent.KeyedLocks
    • inefficient typical use: lock/do something/unlock -> performs two lookups
    • inefficient lock(): synchronized map lookup, atomic inc, ReentrantLock.lock
    • inefficient unlock(): synchronized map lookup, atomic dec, ReentrantLock.unlock
    • object churn for uncontended locks due to refcount-based removal
    • NeutronvpnManager does trylock(), but it guards nothing (!)

Tuesday, Oct 9nd, 2018

Tuesday, Oct 2nd, 2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

  • OpenEXI vs EXIficient interoperability issue
  • MD-SAL near-term future
    • Fluorine branching strategy
    • Neon work items
  • Neon MRI Integration Window

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

  • Clustering Update
  • Move odl-jolokia from controller to aaa
    • If installed without aaa it does not work due to required authentication
      • odlparent: odl-jolokia with permissive access
      • can we optionally plugin in odl-aaa-shiro?
  • odlparent 3.1.3/yangtools-2.0.9
    • Fluorine
    • Oxygen SR3
  • netconf/netconf-it
    • dead code?

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

  • clustering status quo
  • code freeze upcoming
    • mdsal/controller apis
  • modular models
  • odlparent 3.1.3
    • target date?

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

  • https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETVIRT-1315
  • AAA authorization/authentication + RESTCONF
    • Each access forces an authorization read even when authentication is switched off
    • Auth data is largely invariant, yet we retransfer it from the leader on each access
    • All reads are stale anyway, so from formal perspective there is a stale data hazard even when read() occurs
    • At the end of the day this is a CAP trade-off, where all AAA-protected services are forced to choose consistency over availability (and this is not documented anywhere). Is this reasonable and what end users want?

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

  • odlparent-3.1.2 timing
  • odlparent-3.2.0 ?
  • odlparent-4.0.0: karaf-4.2.x in Neon?

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

  • NONE

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

  • NONE

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

  • odlparent 3.1.0 and yangtools 2.0.3 upgrade
  • increase in frequency in pax-exam timeouts

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

  • vorburger: distribution odl-integration-all SingleFeatureTest Build timed out (after 120 minutes) next steps?
  • vorburger: Anyone got any memories if in JAXB it's OK to have non-trivial getters, or if any known weird timing concurrency issues? Asking for https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NEUTRON-159 where a trival JSON un-marhshalling fails tests arbitrarily every now and then.
  • Configurable NETCONF HELLO message

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

  • review existing action items
    • tpantelis to investigate the TCCL issues in 68840
      • DONE
    • vorburger to create a Jira utilizing older patchset to illustrate the issue
      • DONE
  • Cancel next weeks call; many kernel contributors will be at ONS

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

  • review existing action items
    • vorburger to start a thread on mdsal-dev and netconf-dev related to broken master
      • DONE and fixed
    • netconf-aaa-plugin violates this aforementioned namespace rule, so rgoulding to file an issue
    • rgoulding to investigate getting rid of embed-dependency of h2
      • DONE and removed
    • rgoulding to pull down Web API changes and then test RESTCONF to see if it works with these changes
      • DONE, works
  • https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/topic:simple-dist_web
  • Archi Q: How to feed back if listeners worked?? Neutron requirement.
  • mdsal evolution breaking changeshow to?

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018

Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018

  • Elimination of web.xml

Tuesday, Feb 6, 2018

  • Infra issues

Tuesday, Jan 30st, 2018

  • stable/carbon status?
  • distribution failures in mdsal?
  • FYI there is now a metric API in infrautils

Tuesday, Jan 23rd, 2018

  • odlparent 3.0.3
    • Jersey with jersey-client?
  • MessageBodyWriter Exception in AAA master

Tuesday, Jan 16th, 2018

Tuesday, Jan 9th, 2018

Tuesday, Dec 19th, 2017

Tuesday, Dec 12th, 2017

Tuesday, Dec 5th, 2017

Tuesday, Nov 28, 2017

Tuesday, Nov 21, 2017

Tuesday, Nov 7th, 2017

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

  • Stephen & Michael: Follow-up to sharding breakout session at DDF
    • How to have a single shard for operational and config, but with/without persistence?
    • How to control shard leader election, to force separate operational and config shard to be on the same node?
    • Anyone has any objections to a Gerrit changing (upstream's) default shard configuration file to 1 shard?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

  • Skipped due to low attendance (only tpantelis and vorburger present)

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Weekly Status Updates

Going forward, we'll use "kernel projects" as the title of the IRC meetbot meeting and so, meeting minutes should be automatically stored here: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-meeting/2016/kernel_projects/

Nitrogen

6/6/2017

Meeting Notes: 6/6/2017

Discussion Topics:
Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Meeting Recording:

Click here to download or view your recording: https://zoom.us/recording/detail?meeting_id=L2C6L5opRia9Q1S3zoJubA%3D%3D

Share your recording: Recording-1 (104 MB): https://zoom.us/recording/play/lIFvagWwBtU1zmH_Ldpyx5RwghyyXO2-RNPPEPM-VGx1SZ3gelfPquTRz3XZkvk9

Audio Only-1 (15 MB): https://zoom.us/recording/play/wZtM4JX3_WcyT6w3qBBdeC6wVm55_V7bL5U5g27H0yaascD1RTdUyaOPF4JUa4qj

Carbon

Release Status updates

Meeting Notes: Not Taken this meeting
Meeting Recording: N/A

Tuesday, June 6th

  • BUG-8413: OpenDaylight times out calling RPC which returns 145,000 lines of XML (Colin)

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017

  • Carbon Status
    • Projects still need to sign off
  • Has the TSC made a decision on release timeline for Nitrogen?
  • Status of Karaf4?
    • What is needed?
    • What is missing? People?


Tuesday, May 16th, 2017

  • FYI: nearing completion v1 of new infrautils.ready, about to merge it (it's still missing an IT & Karaf 3 support...)
  • FYI Bug 8438 (and c/56898 New integration test utilities (itestutils) in infrautils
  • FYI Bug 8226 code gen. warnings status: Looking much better, found 2 new cases
  • Carbon Release action items
  • Short (3-month) Nitrogen Cadence


Tuesday, May 9, 2017


Tuesday, May 2, 2017

  • SFT Failures


Tuesday, April 25th, 2017

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017

  • Release status discussion
  • Karaf4

Tuesday, April 11th, 2017

  • Discussion how to do data migration, e.g. using Daexim, with "cold" (offline) system (without listeners firing and all)
  • Nitrogen versioning (using release artifacts instead of SNAPSHOTS)
  • Karaf4

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • N/A none were assigned last week

This Week

Contents

2/28/2017

Meeting Notes: Not Taken this meeting
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • N/A none were assigned last week

This Week

2/28/2017

Meeting Notes: 2/28/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • N/A none were assigned last week

This Week

2/21/2017

Meeting Notes: 2/21/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • Stephen to reach out Jamie on CSS / Netconf patches.
    • Ryan to clean up unused code / activators in AAA
      • IN PROGRESS
    • Ryan to deprecate shiro.ini in AAA project
      • Bug opened; will take some work.

This Week

2/14/2017

Meeting Notes: 2/14/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2017

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • Stephen to reach out Jamie on CSS / Netconf patches.
  • Ryan to clean up unused code / activators in AAA
  • Ryan to deprecate shiro.ini in AAA project

2/7/2017

Meeting Notes: 2/7/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, Feb 7, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • vorburger to ping anipbu to get the remaining 7662 patches get merged as much as possible
      • DONE
    • Ryan to look in to gerrit 50304, which unblocks Stephen's work on karaf 4
      • DONE and merged
    • Michael to open a wiki on "upgrade-ability" in odl

This Week

Action Items Assigned

1/31/2017

Meeting Notes: 1/31/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • colindixon to schedule a TWS on this issue
    • Avi to write up some simple set of use cases and constraints
    • Michael to create a bug in odlparent wrt FindBugs runtime impact.
    • Michael to create bug wrt annotations usage
    • Ryan to look in to gerrit 50304, which unblocks Stephen's work on karaf 4

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger to ping anipbu to get the remaining 7662 patches get merged as much as possible
  • Ryan to look in to gerrit 50304, which unblocks Stephen's work on karaf 4
  • Michael to open a wiki on "upgrade-ability" in odl

1/24/2017

Meeting Notes: 1/24/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

For Tuesday, January 24, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • PTL of controller to send M3 status
      • DONE
    • Vratko to open a bug to avoid future breakage of cluster tests wrt cluster script.
      • DONE
    • Stephen to file bug in each project pertaining to karaf upgrade
      • DONE
    • Ryan to start generating a bug query useful to view related bugs.
      • DONE

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • colindixon to schedule a TWS on this issue
  • Avi to write up some simple set of use cases and constraints
  • Michael to create a bug in odlparent wrt FindBugs runtime impact.
  • Michael to create bug wrt annotations usage
  • Ryan to look in to gerrit 50304, which unblocks Stephen's work on karaf 4

1/17/2017

Meeting Notes: 1/17/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • M3 status updates controller, aaa, mdsal, netconf
    • configure cluster script inquiry

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • PTL of controller to send M3 status
  • Figure out with TomP in finding out the home for Configure cluster script and the project responsible for maintaining it.
  • Vratko to open a bug to avoid future breakage of cluster tests wrt cluster script.
  • Stephen to file bug in each project pertaining to karaf upgrade
  • Ryan to start generating a bug query useful to view related bugs.

1/10/2017

Meeting Notes: 1/10/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • Stephen to email out concerning karaf 4 upgrade process

Last Week maybe move to this week?

Action Items Assigned
  • M3 status updates

1/3/2017

Meeting Notes: 1/3/2017
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • Stephen to email out concerning karaf 4 upgrade process

12/20/2016

Meeting Notes: 12/20/2016
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • Michael to discuss with Stephen regarding karaf 4 distribution wrt gerrit https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/48901/
    • Bala to add notes (or breakdown patches in to several patches) for patch change id - 49253
    • 5902 note mciglan: assigned, replicated & in progress - might need new solution - code re-done

This Week

Action Items Assigned

12/13/2016

Meeting Notes: 12/13/2016
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

This Week

Action Items Assigned

12/6/2016

Meeting Notes: 12/6/2016
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

11/29/2016

Meeting Notes: 11/29/2016
Meeting Recording: Webex Recording

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • colindixon will bring up the issue of maybe deprecating the config subsystem in carbon and/or saying we will do it in the future
      • DONE: Email thread started
    • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things
    • Ryan / colindixon to reach out AG regarding Netconf SourceException Synopsis
      • DONE; email sent and will be presented in the December AG meeting
    • vorburger will push the yangtools publicly usable checkstyle things into the upstream checkstyle rules so that it also works for IDEs
    • rgoulding to move the tool to change passwords to /bin insead of /etc
    • rgoulding to move the idmlight.db (actual DB) from a top-level place to a better location

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

11/15/2016

Meeting Notes: 11/15/2016
Meeting Recording: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/playRecording?recordID=24698356&meetingInstanceID=I8MRYMVBCT0WTHHV7GACGZHBYF-9VIB]

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • vorburger will push the yangtools publicly usable checkstyle things into the upstream checkstyle rules so that it also works for IDEs
    • colindixon will bring up the issue of maybe deprecating the config subsystem in carbon and/or saying we will do it in the future
    • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • colindixon will bring up the issue of maybe deprecating the config subsystem in carbon and/or saying we will do it in the future
  • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things
  • Ryan / colindixon to reach out AG regarding Netconf SourceException Synopsis
  • vorburger will push the yangtools publicly usable checkstyle things into the upstream checkstyle rules so that it also works for IDEs
  • rgoulding to move the tool to change passwords to /bin insead of /etc
  • rgoulding to move the idmlight.db (actual DB) from a top-level place to a better location

11/8/2016

Meeting Notes: 11/8/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger will push the yangtools publicly usable checkstyle things into the upstream checkstyle rules so that it also works for IDEs
  • colindixon will bring up the issue of maybe deprecating the config subsystem in carbon and/or saying we will do it in the future
  • colindixon to add a topic for next week or maybe an e-mail about how to mechanically potentially allow us to special case true-leaf projects to avoid things

11/1/2016

Meeting Notes: 11/1/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • vorburger and rovarga to talk about how to manage oomph plugins and Eclipse builds over e-mail
    • Ryan Goulding to send Martin Ciglan and netconf-dev the list of bugs for jersey upgrade
    • Ryan Goulding to come up with a bugs query to do a bug scrub in the future.

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger and rovarga to talk about how to manage oomph plugins and Eclipse builds over e-mail
  • Ryan Goulding to come up with a bugs query to do a bug scrub in the future

10/25/2016

Meeting Notes: 10/25/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • vorburger and rovarga to talk about how to manage oomph plugins and Eclipse builds over e-mail
    • rgoulding to look into AAA cert store as a centralized place for TLS management for SB protocols
      • DONE
    • rgoulding will start creating that best practices around crypto pages
      • Started; taken to security team as it is a more applicable place.
    • skitt to add rgoulding as a reviewer for the Karaf-4 parent patch when he pushes it
      • DONE

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger and rovarga to talk about how to manage oomph plugins and Eclipse builds over e-mail
  • Ryan Goulding to send Martin Ciglan and netconf-dev the list of bugs for jersey upgrade
  • Ryan Goulding to come up with a bugs query to do a bug scrub in the future.

10/11/2016

Meeting Notes: 10/11/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • vorburger1 to send e-amil to figure out if 44099 would be taken to the MD-SAL, if so then he'll rework it
    • vorburger1 and skitt to work with TomP to figure out how to pick some subset of the put/merge variants and then work on getting it pushed, likely to mdsal
    • skitt to review https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/46577/

This Week

  • M1 status report due for offset 0 projects this Thursday!!!
  • target-ide/ discussion on odlparent list
  • Review particular proposed changes in Gerrit which have been lingering for too long and for which next steps are best discussed by voice, in order of prio:
  • Yang 1.1 meeting scheduled for Monday @ 9 a.m. EST starting next week.
  • Security Audit; TLS configuration in ODL
    • We haven't updated the blacklist of cipher suites in quite a long time
    • Do we need a best practices page? Recently we discovered some projects utilize non-standard cipher suites.
    • What are downstream companies doing for audits?
    • We maintain a forked blacklist in odl.java.security.
  • Apache mina and sshd-core upgrade
    • Will inevitably have impacts on the NETCONF project
    • I had heard through the grapevine that there were some possible regressions caused through upgrade; does anyone know what these issues pertained to?
  • Review the code change dashboards
Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger and rovarga to talk about how to manage oomph plugins and Eclipse builds over e-mail
  • rgoulding to look into AAA
  • rgoulding will start creating that best practices around crypto pages
  • skitt to add rgoulding as a reviewer for the Karaf-4 parent patch when he pushes it

10/11/2016

Meeting Notes: 10/11/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • colindixon to follow up with anipbu and TomP about how to deal with the fact that if you rapidly change the candidate list, you might end up with an owner that isn't a candidate
    • rgoulding or anyone else could cherry pick the patch back to stable/berylilum before SR4
      • Igor F. beat me to it :) patch

This Week

Action Items Assigned
  • vorburger1 to send e-amil to figure out if 44099 would be taken to the MD-SAL, if so then he'll rework it
  • vorburger1 and skitt to work with TomP to figure out how to pick some subset of the put/merge variants and then work on getting it pushed, likely to mdsal
  • skitt to review https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/46577/

10/4/2016

Meeting Notes: 10/4/2016
Meeting Recording: WebEx Link

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

  • Call for any topics to be added to the agenda that people didn't get around to adding.
  • Review existing action items
    • Stephen to update bugs 5955 / 5966 with information discussed ert or.json licensing
    • TomP to release note "rapidly swapping candidate stuff"
    • Martin to start a meeting arond YANG 1.1 and invite whoever else, there's also a topic for the DDF at the summit

This Week

  • Autorelease committer needed for patch
  • Boron-SR1 timeframe? Here is the schedule, has it been shifted?
  • You now need Maven 3.3.9+ to compile ODL!
  • Bug 6771: Problem with typedefs nested in augment
    • typedefs netsted in container that is an augment used to produce error.
    • Same behavior was applicable to choice-case statements.
    • This patch has some test files to show how the behavior has changed [4] [5]
    • Already cherry-picked to stable/boron. Do we need a cherry-pick to stable/beryllium?
  • Bug 2305 Introduce support for YANG v 1.1 (RFC7950)
    • Peter Verthez from Nokia has updated the bug saying that this is really a need for Carbon, and if it does not drop, alternatives may need to be sought.
    • Ryan Goulding has bandwidth to help support in any way possible; he is not the expert but would appreciate some public meetings to help support this community effort.
  • Move sal-remote to sal-rest-connector
    • Apparent cleanup from netconf splitout? Alexis pointed out a patch which moves this functionality into NETCONF NETCONF patch.
  • RESTCONF draft query
    • It looks like we moved from 15 -> 16 in stable/boron with this patch.
      • Is this an incompatible API change in a service release?
      • Do we comfortable performing this upgrade in a service release?
    • Furthermore, what is our overall plan for RESTCONF this release? To hope the IETF makes up there mind and continuously upgrading?
  • Controller PTL change
  • Cleaning up of controller
    • Move CDS bundles to own project.
    • Roadmap to using MD-SAL APIs instead of controller ones
    • Let controller "die a slow death".
  • Review the code change dashboards
Action Items Assigned
  • colindixon to follow up with anipbu and TomP about how to deal with the fact that if you rapidly change the candidate list, you might end up with an owner that isn't a candidate
  • rgoulding or anyone else could cherry pick the patch back to stable/berylilum before SR4