Jump to: navigation, search

Meetings

Overview

This page contains a summary of the OpenDaylight meetings. Some are for projects, others are for committees.

Meetings are typically held via a combination of these tools:

  • IRC, either Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting or a project-specific channel
  • Google Hangouts
  • Zoom

Other Resources

Project-specific wikis

Many projects maintain their own wikis for their meeting info. They typically contain information about the meeting time, how to connect and a log of meeting minutes. Those wikis should be considered more authoritative than this aggregate wiki. If you're having problems with a Webex link, check the project's meeting wiki and/or their IRC channel for an updated one.

Google Calendar

The information on this page is aggregated in a Google Calendar, which some people may find to be a more consumable format. Here's a direct link, here's an iCal-format link and here's an XML-format link. Following the direct link, then clicking on the small button at the bottom right corner of the page seems to be a method that works for most people. This wiki, and by extension the project-specific wikis, should be considered more authoritative than the Google Calendar.

If there's an error with the Google Calendar, please contact Daniel Farrell (dfarrell07 on Freenode/#opendaylight, dfarrell@redhat.com).

Archived Meetings

Old meeting recordings have been archived here.

Time Representation Explanation

For better or worse, many meeting times are pegged to a given time in a given location. This implies that the meeting time in UTC will change when that base location transitions between Daylight and Savings time. Currently, all such meetings are pegged to the US, which is currently in Standard Time and will be until November 2nd 2014. If you're reading this before that date, use the Standard Time UTC value, else use the Daylight Time value and update this wiki. For example, Bonnie in the Western US will always see 10AM on her phone when the TSC meeting starts, but Clyde in Eastern China will need to add 8 to the UTC time appropriate for the current date.

In general, to translate a UTC meeting time into your local time issue the `timedatectl status` command in a Linux shell, then add/subtract the timezone offset it gives you from the appropriate Daylight/Standard UTC meeting time to derive the meeting time in your location's notation.

Note that UTC is always written in 24-hour format, and that this wiki expresses all times in 24-hour format.

TSC

TSC meetings are held weekly for one hour on Thursday mornings at 10:00am Pacific Daylight Time. Meetings are held using Zoom for screen sharing and audio and IRC for recording meeting minutes.

Standard Meeting

  • Meeting URL: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/219174946
  • Access Information
    • Meeting number: 219 174 4946
    • Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
  • Audio Connection
Meeting Minutes

TWS

Weekly on Monday at 10:00 PST/PDT | 13:00 EST/EDT | 17:00 UTC during Daylight Time/18:00 UTC during Standard Time
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/522266747

Meeting Minutes

Release Weekly Sync

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 08:00 AM to 08:30 AM PST/PDT

Currently the Weekly meeting has been suspended. This will be updated when Oxygen gets to M3

This section is excerpted from Release Meetings Wiki Page, to see it in it's full context, go to that page.

End User Advisory Group

8:00am Pacific Time, 11:00am Eastern Time, on the third Thursday of each month.

IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-users

OVSDB Plugin / Network Virtualization Project

Weekly on Tuesday from 08:00-09:00a PST/PDT | 11:00-12:00 EST/EDT | 15:00-16:00 UTC during Daylight Time/16:00-17:00 UTC during Standard *
Where: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/648177586

IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-ovsdb

OVSDB HWVTEP and IPv6 Project

  • Weekly on Tuesday from 07:00-08:00a PST/PDT | 10:00-11:00 EST/EDT | 14:00-15:00 UTC during Daylight Time/15:00-16:00 UTC during Standard Time
  • Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/899705442
  • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-ovsdb
  • Authoritative source and details: Netvirt Project Weekly Meeting. Check this and IRC if the Webex link is broken.

DLUX & DLUX Apps

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 09:00-10:00 PST/PDT | 12:00-13:00 EST/EDT | 16:00-17:00 UTC during Daylight Time/17:00-18:00 UTC during Standard Time
  • Authoritative source: IRC, as there's no project-specific meeting wiki.

L2switch

  • Temporarily the meetings are suspended due to less participation / contribution / audience, We can resume the meetings once it is required. Please feel free to mail at OpenDayLight-L2switch-Dev <l2switch-dev@lists.opendaylight.org> if you would like to share information using meetings.
  • Weekly on Wednesday from 13:00-13:30 PST/PDT | 16:00-16:30 EST/EDT | 15:00-15:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:00-16:30 UTC during Standard Time
    • WebEx Link
    • Meeting number: 199 745 583
    • Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-844-740-1264
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-240-454-0879
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting

Group Based Policy

Kernel Projects Call (MD-SAL)

This information is transcluded from Kernel Projects Call, go there to see meeting minutes and upcoming agendas.Weekly on Tuesday at 9AM PDT/PST

MD-SAL Hackers

  • Weekly on Tuesday from 08:00-9:00 PST/PDT | 11:00-12:00 EST/EDT | 15:00-16:00 UTC during Daylight Time/16:00-17:00 UTC during Standard Time
    • Webex meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 191 442 342
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-844-740-1264
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-240-454-0879
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting
  • Authoritative source: OpenDaylight_Controller:MD-SAL#MD-SAL_Hackers_Weekly_Call. Check this and IRC if the Webex link is broken.

Clustering Hackers

This information is transcluded from OpenDaylight Controller/Clustering/Meeting, go there to see meeting minutes and upcoming agendas.

Time and Location:
  • 08:00am Pacific, Tuesdays.
  • IRC: #opendaylight-clustering
  • Join and email Dev with topic [clustering].

Cluster & S3P Test

  • Weekly on Friday from 8:30-9:30 PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time
    • BlueJeans meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 1748334899
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): +1 800 451 8679
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1 212 729 5016
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-integration
    • Authoritative source: CrossProject:Integration Group:Meetings. Check this and IRC if the Webex link is broken.

AAA

Documentation

Meetings

<onlyinclude>This information is transcluded from Documentation/Meetings, go there to see meeting minutes and upcoming agendas. Documentation meetings are held Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon Pacific time.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/978852411

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,978852411# or +16465588656,978852411#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 978 852 411
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=t9D5xJEf09Nz7nI69UPQYs9WBxAGRxXl

Contents

Agendas and Minutes

2015 IRC Meeting Minutes 4/8/15 and beyond

Wednesday, 4/1/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Moi, Shahida, Manny

Items discussed:

  • Manny reminded folks that M4 is coming up (4/16) and we should aim to have drafts of our docs ready by then.
  • We divvied up work on the Lithium doc updates:
    • user guide and release notes—Manny
      • ODL overview
      • topic that segues to project-specific information
    • getting started guide and developer guide—Divya, Moi, Shahida
      • connecting to Mininet
      • making RESTCONF calls
      • upgrading from the previous release
      • ODL security considerations
      • how to develop docs on top of ODL
      • REST/RESTCONF development
    • Openstack/ODL deployment guide—Dave

Wednesday, 3/25/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Divya, Moi, Colin, Shahida, Manny
Meeting Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2015/docs/opendaylight-docs-docs.2015-03-25-15.08.html
Recording: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/url/yTL_9mHgnRQrIJ9W0ktCcDTibBbh_NoolX0QkK6uOGy00000

Wednesday, 3/18/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Divya, Moi, Phil, Shahida, Manny
Recording: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/url/Oz135pbQ3rANlgNtHKPIq3IypRr5zb5Ak6ZYVN-QS0q00000

Wednesday, 3/11/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Dave, Phil, Manny
Meeting Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2015/docs/opendaylight-docs-docs.2015-03-11-15.08.html

Wednesday, 3/4/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Dave, Divya, Moi, Shahida, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=6330160017e74eecbd73e55ad6380f35
Meeting Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2015/docs/opendaylight-docs-docs.2015-03-04-16.13.html

Wednesday, 2/25/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Meeting was cancelled due to time conflicts.

Wednesday, 2/18/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Adam, Divya, Moi, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=4c8d969f744c4e3bab67dc826e0fd62a

Items discussed:

  • Template review comments:
    • Delete whitespace (mainly for formatting; won’t break anything if not fixed)
    • Genericize templates as much as possible
    • Writers should provide screenshots when describing use cases
    • Colin did a quick walkthrough of a file update/commit in Git
    • Request for additional template feedback (which should be entered in Git)
    • Colin to restack templates so formatting/compilation is cleaner

Wednesday, 2/11/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Meeting was cancelled due to time conflicts.

Wednesday, 2/4/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Divya, Moi, Phil, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=6d9af436b2fe4740ac8c65b3525edfd3

Items discussed:

  • We reviewed the Lithium release plan and suggested changes that needed to be made before finalizing it.
  • Instead of providing separate guides with quick start and security information, we decided to provide this information in the installation guide.
  • We reviewed Colin's outline for a documentation process.

Action items:

  • Manny: Ping Dave Neary about possibly providing content for OpenStack/OpenDaylight deployment guide.
  • Manny: Update release plan with team’s feedback.
  • Manny: Continue work on documentation process and send out to team for review.
  • Manny: Work with George to figure out how/where to track documentation status.
  • Divya: Set up current templates as asciidocs.
  • Colin: Set up base docs structure.
  • Team: Review and provide feedback to Divya on templates.

Wednesday, 1/28/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Moi, Phil, Shahida, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=cc5e70da9a694752aff0d49b3cb71206

Items discussed:

  • We prioritized our action items and specified the desired completion dates for them.
  • Discussed the creation of an OpenStack/OpenDaylight deployment guide. It'd be nice to have, provided we have the necessary resources and bandwidth.

Action items:

  • Colin: Send out first stab at documentation process Lithium project teams must follow.
  • Manny: Incorporate high-priority action items into the doc release plan.
  • Manny: Update action item spreadsheet so it is easier to read.

Wednesday, 1/21/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Meeting was cancelled due to lack of attendees.

Wednesday, 1/14/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Divya, Mathieu, Moi, Phil, Shahida, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=c918d30f135347eab3938f0aa091b90d

Items discussed:

  • Manny reminded the team to keep the action item spreadsheet updated with the latest status for the items they signed up for.
  • We reviewed the draft doc release plan Manny put together for the Lithium release.
    • Mathieu brought the need for OpenStack/OpenDaylight deployment guide.
    • Phil recommended to explicitly list the doc deliverables that correspond to the various milestones.
  • Phil recommended reviewing project release plans to ensure that they are providing the necessary docs.

Action items:

  • Manny: Work with George to determine the doc contact for the various projects.

Wednesday, 1/7/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Divya, Mathieu, Moi, Shahida, Manny
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=cef8db39a3e34992b56413653b6f056c

Items discussed:

  • We reviewed the actions items the team came up with during the 12/3/14 doc group meeting.
  • Mathieu covered the specifics of moving sdndocs code into the doc repository.
  • Colin discussed the need for the doc group to elect a project lead.

Action items:

  • Manny: Draft a Lithium release plan and send the doc group's M1 status to the release alias by the COB 1/8/15.
  • Colin: Write the doc alias selecting a project lead/primary contact.
  • Colin: Create a Google doc to track action items—can be accessed here.
  • Colin: Write Phil and Mathieu about migrating the Apache licensed sdndocs code into the docs repository.
  • Core doc group: Update action item spreadsheet with items they would like to work on.

Wednesday, 12/17, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Colin, Jhon, Manny, Moi, Shahida
Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=49b2603dbf3245409a7acd9b044261c9

  • Making a Glossary
    • Questions about the glossary:
      • What kinds of terms should go here?
        • What's too specific?
        • How do you deal with ambiguity?
      • Who should fill them out?
    • There are two kinds of glossaries:
      • Industry-standard terms
      • Internal terms
        • Includes preferred vs. non-preferred terms for things
    • How does somebody request to add a new term:
      • e-mail discuss list
      • e-mail documentation list?
    • Guidelines for what should be in the glossary:
      • Definition should be somewhat time-invariant, e.g., not likely to change over time
      • Definition should be somewhat space-invariant, e.g., it should not change between projects
  • Action items around Glossary
    • e-mail list asking for contributions to glossary
    • we probably need to reviewing periodically to clean it up
    • we probably some kind of guidelines
  • Award for best docs?
    • Who should vote? The documentation team? Docs committers.
    • Who should be eligible.
    • Advertise it.
    • Monetary award (ask LF) or just praise?

Wednesday, 12/10, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Manny, Sujatha, and Colin.

Colin gave a demo on how writers would use Gerrit and Git to manage doc files in the ODL repository.

Location:

Wednesday, 12/3, 2014, 8:00 AM (USA Pacific)

Attendees: Divya, Moi, Sujatha, Phil, Colin

Agenda

For future Meetings
  • Prioritize and assign action items
  • Git/gerrit training?
    • Using git and gerrit from windows
  • Talk to Mathieu about the sdndocs toolchain
    • It's not checked in to ODL servers

Possible Lithium Action Items

Need to be prioritized and assigned

  • Copy and summarize the PPA in the wiki (Colin)
  • Tools & Infra
    • Make/enhance wiki tutorial for documentation process
    • Translate Mathieu video to text as part of this
    • Work on a process that will work for our current community
      • Mathieu's instructions seemed more complex than others
      • Can we streamline it?
      • Review + Commit vs. just Commit
      • Work this out as part of future git/gerrit training
    • No steps for windows
      • Ask Ryan Moats to help? Maybe also Rob Dolin or Ivan Wood at MS?
      • Git review doesn't work on windows, or only works
      • Should be able to get it working on windows via cygwin
  • Make sure we get a docs contact from each project
    • Make a calendar of when to poke people
    • To some degree, it's our responsibility to make sure projects are doing the right thing
  • Make templates for documentation types
  • When to reach out to projects to help figure out docs plans?
  • Review OpenStack and other projects for ideas?
  • Review and edit the documentation that is unlikely to change for Lithium
  • Establish a process/template for release notes per-project
  • Figure out how to track progress on documentation? Google sheet?
Notes
  • Reviewing Lithium documentation starts at M3 2/19/2015 to 3/19/2015
    • Release isn't until 6/25/2015
  • Need to get better at agendas
  • Do we want to move to IRC to take notes?

ODL Workshop for Technical Writers

  • Two major technical writers orgs:
    • STC (Society for Technical Communication)
    • TWIN (Technical Writers of INdia)
  • Submitted an abstract to do a workshop on OSS documentation
  • In Bangalore in March 2015
  • Recruit volunteer writers
  • Hoping the abstract gets selected

Wednesday, 11/19, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Phylis, Manny, Sujatha, Moi, Divya, Sujatha, Mathieu, and Phil.

We discussed the Lithium doc requirements put together by Colin and approved by the steering committee—https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/CrossProject:Documentation_Group:Lithium_Project_Documentation_Requirements

Action item: Mathieu asked folks to vote on whether to add Colin and Sujatha as doc project committers by the end of day Wednesday, 11/19. To do so, respond to Mathieu's email (sent 11/18).

Location:

Wednesday, 11/12, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Phylis, Manny, Sujatha, Moi, Divya, Sujatha, and Colin.

We held a post project assessment of the Helium documentation effort, where we covered:

  • the things that worked well
  • the things that didn't work well
  • improvements we can make to the documentation process for the Lithium and subsequent releases of ODL

Location:

Wednesday, 10/15, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Attendees: Phylis, Manny, Sujatha, Moi, and Colin.

  • Need a committer meeting for Documentation group to vote for new committers: Send a mail to all committers with a list of people as nominations. Need a minimum of 5 people to vote for this change. Responsibilities of a committer are to review docs and merge topics in Gerrit.
  • Forking the Docs repo for Lithium: The docs repository is to be forked so that the new master is Lithium documentation.
  • Lessons Learned for Helium Doc Release: Lessons learned for Helium doc release is scheduled after two weeks.
  • Good documentation needed for developers to author docs: Mediawiki needs good topics on how to get started to create documentation for OpenDaylight. The information is present in the wiki, but it needs to be organized and presented in a better way.
  • Docbook accepts only limited ASCIIDOC tags: A major problem for Helium was build failures due to usage of unsupported ASCIIDOC tags. Documentation is required for a list of accepted ASCIIDOC tags and those which are not accepted.

Action Items

  • Mathieu to fork the documentation repo.
  • Committer email to be sent by either Sujatha or Moi to doc list to ask for representations.
  • How to do documentation wiki needs to be cleaned up. More discussion to be required on this. Manny volunteered for a little cleaning up.
  • Lessons learned postponed to 10/29. All writers are requested to bring in their insights for the meeting.

Location:

Wednesday, 8/13, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Main topics:

  • Progress
  • Who is working on what
  • Tool usage

Location:

Wednesday, 8/6, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

There is a release meeting at 8:30 Pacific, so this meeting will need to be short again. Main topics:

  • Templates
  • How to do reviews
  • Who wants to work on what
  • Tool usage/instructions

Location:

Wednesday, 7/29, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

There is an M4 milestone meeting at 8:30 Pacific, so this meeting will need to be short. Let’s focus on:

  • Getting final outlines for Mathieu to post to Maven
  • Instructions for people to add content
  • Dates for delivery

Location:

WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=42c0bbd4c7a1425c95413a4f0a2a3626

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-07-30-15.00.html

Wednesday, 7/23, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain Status
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments
  • Other agenda items

Location:


WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=e2efa164e9a24cf489ac0d1aa978063e

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-07-23-15.00.html

Wednesday, 7/16, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain Status
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments
  • Other agenda items

Location:

WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=9313f2b118da4725a97a4276502ed162

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-07-16-14.59.html

Thursday, 7/10, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain Status
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments
  • Other agenda items

Location:

WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=2e8c9a5250cb44cd9ddfa45abebd0796

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-07-10-15.01.html

Thursday, 6/25, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain Walkthrough
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments
  • Other agenda items

Location:

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-06-26-15.00.html

WebEx Recording (including Walkthrough): https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=cda2e8fe15b1428984245928792db716

Wednesday, 6/18, 8:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments/Recruiting
  • Other agenda items

Location:

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-06-18-15.02.html

Friday, 6/13, 10:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Assignments/Recruiting
  • Other agenda items

Location:


Friday, 6/6, 10:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Previous actions
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Schedule
    • Doc Guidelines
  • Other agenda items

Location:

Friday, 5/30, 10:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Schedule
    • Doc Guidelines
  • Other agenda items

Location:

Friday, 5/23, 10:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Schedule
    • Doc Guidelines
  • Other agenda items

Location:

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-05-16-17.01.html

Friday, 5/15, 10:00 AM(USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from 5/1 meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Schedule
    • Doc Guidelines
  • Other agenda items

Location:

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-05-16-17.01.html

WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=cb8b5dd8f1844c14aac0418d965cd963

Wednesday, 5/7, Noon (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Release Plan/Content Structure
    • Schedule
    • Doc Guidelines
  • Other agenda items

Location:

Note: Not enough folks showed up so we'll reschedule for next week.


Thursday, 5/1, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Content structure
    • Establish and propose ODL documentation guidelines
    • Design docs/templates
  • Other agenda items

Location:

Meetbot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-05-02-00.05.html

Thursday, 4/24, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Content ownership
    • Establish and propose ODL documentation guidelines
    • Design docs/templates
  • Other agenda items

Location:

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/odl_docs/opendaylight-docs-odl_docs.2014-04-25-00.01.html

WebEx Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=f90e3c2393e94cae922ad1f3f225427c

Tue, 4/15, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Toolchain setup
    • Content ownership
    • Design docs/templates
  • Other agenda items

Location: IRC: freenode.net #OpenDaylight-docs

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/opendaylight-docs.2014-04-16-00.00.html

Tue, 4/8, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda

  • Intros for any new folks
  • Actions from last meeting
  • Project status
    • Project proposal going to Creation Review
    • Toolchain setup
    • Content ownership
  • Other agenda items

Location: IRC: freenode.net #OpenDaylight-docs

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/opendaylight-docs.2014-04-09-00.01.html

Tue, 4/1, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda:

  • Welcome and intros
  • Actions from last meeting
  • Professional Quality Documentation project
    • Status of project proposal
    • Tooling update
  • Recruiting additional volunteers
  • Other agenda items

Location: IRC: freenode.net #OpenDaylight-docs

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/opendaylight-docs.2014-04-02-00.01.html

Tue, 3/25, 5:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Tentative agenda:

  • Welcome and intros
  • Actions from last meeting
  • Professional Quality Documentation project
    • Status of project proposal
  • Efforts around the Hackfest 3/27-3/28 in Napa, CA
  • Recruiting additional volunteers
  • Other agenda items

Location: IRC: freenode.net #OpenDaylight-docs

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/opendaylight-docs.2014-03-26-00.00.html

Thu, 3/20, 9:00 AM (USA Pacific)

Agenda:

  • Welcome and intros
  • Housekeeping
    • Requesting email listserv(s)
  • Various maturity of documentation
    • Wiki pages
    • Professional quality documentation
    • Automated documentation
  • Next steps
    • Professional quality documentation project ?
    • Recruiting more people to documentation group
  • Anything else?

MeetBot Minutes: https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-docs/2014/opendaylight-docs.2014-03-20-16.00.html

Tue, 3/11, 4:00 PM (USA Pacific)

Notes:

  • Doc Books is needed for generating professional-looking documentation (ePub, PDF, HTML) but XML authoring is challenging
  • ASCII Doc is very similar to MediaWiki formatting
  • Ideally, authoring can be done in ASCII Doc and then can be run through a tool chain to generate Doc Books
  • In OpenStack, it was useful to be able to submit a doc bug when reading docs
  • First step: Setting-up pipeline
  • Eventually: put 301 redirects on wiki pages
  • Paul will set-up an IRC area for the group to get together

Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=6e3f6c9f6e164c63b273faf6b5871e2c

Older Participants

NOTE: This list is very out of date and did not represent participation at leastin the Lithium release.

The below people have participated in one or more meetings:

  • Andrew Kim
  • Colin McNamara
  • Greg Saunders
  • Nan Zhou
  • Paul Zimmerman
  • Rob Dolin
  • Sean Roberts

(Sorted alpha by first name)

Integration

Weekly on Thursday at 09:00 PST/PDT | 12:00 EST/EDT | 16:00 UTC during Daylight Time/17:00 UTC during Standard Time

IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-integration

LISP Flow Mapping

  • Monthly on the first Tuesday of every month from 10:00-11:00 PST/PDT | 13:00-14:00 EST/EDT | 17:00-18:00 UTC during Daylight Time/18:00-19:00 UTC during Standard Time
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-lispflowmapping
  • This project doesn't seem to have a wiki for documenting meeting info, so IRC and this page are the authoritative sources.

OpenFlow Plugin

  • Webex: Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time
  • Authoritative source and details: OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Main. Check this and IRC if the Webex link is broken.

OpenDaylight Security Analysis

This group isn't currently meeting regularly).

  • Weekly on Friday from 08:30-09:30 PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time
    • Webex meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 204 707 600
    • Meeting password: security
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-432-9903
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-525-6800
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting
  • Authoritative source and details: Security:Project-wide_Analysis#Meeting_Notes. Check this and IRC if the Webex link is broken.

Service Function Chaining

  • Weekly on Wednesdays from 09:00-09:30 PST/PDT | 12:00-12:30 EST/EDT | 16:00-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/17:00-17:30 UTC during Standard Time

SNMP Plugin

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 10:00-11:00 PST/PDT | 13:00-14:00 EST/EDT | 17:00-18:00 UTC during Daylight Time/18:00-19:00 UTC during Standard Time
    • Webex meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 199 379 022
    • Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-844-740-1264
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-240-454-0879
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting

Persistence Store Service

Network Intent Composition (NIC)

  • Weekly on Friday at 15:30 PST/PDT | 11:00 EST/EDT | 7:30 UTC during Daylight Time/8:30 UTC during Standard Time
    • Webex meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 199 413 454
    • Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-844-740-1264
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-240-454-0879
    • Host Key: 466804
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-nic

Neutron Northbound

  • Weekly on Monday 15:00 UTC
    • IRC meeting at Freenode/#opendaylight-neutron
  • Authoritative source and details: NeutronNorthbound:Meetings.

Maven to Gradle Migration

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 09:00-10:00 AM PST/PDT | 12:00-13:00 EST/EDT | 16:00-17:00 UTC during Daylight Time/17:00-18:00 UTC during Standard Time

Armoury

  • Weekly on Monday from 11:15am-12:00 PM PST/PDT | 1:15-2:00 PM EST/EDT | 16:00-17:00 UTC during Daylight Time
    • This is an IRC only meeting on #opendaylight-armoury

UniMgr

Virtual Tenant Network (VTN)

  • Weekly on Wednesday at 08:00 PST/PDT | 11:00 EST/EDT | 15:00 UTC during Daylight Time/16:00 UTC during Standard Time

Genius

Weekly on Thursday from 7:00AM PST/PDT

IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting

BGPCEP

YANG 1.1 Design Meeting

  • 6:00am Pacific Time, 9:00am Eastern Time, every Monday.
    • Webex meeting link
    • Meeting Number: 198 263 099
    • Host Key: 424825
    • Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
    • Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-844-740-1264
    • Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-240-454-0879
    • IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-meeting

Federation Service

COE

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 8:00AM-9:00 AM PST/PDT | 11:00AM-12:00 PM EST/EDT | 3:00-4:00 UTC PM during Daylight Time

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,805436822# or +14086380968,805436822# Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 805 436 822 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=SDsTERMngsE98AkSjQ-GLYfpsWPxjYeL

TSDR

  • Weekly on Wednesday from 2:00pM-3:00 AM PST/PDT | 5:00PM-6:00 PM EST/EDT
    • To join the Meeting: