|ODL-SDNi App Facts|
Project Creation Date: May 8th, 2014
IRC: freenode.net #opendaylight
Welcome to the ODL-SDNi project page!
The OpenDaylight- SDN Interface Application project aims at enabling inter-SDN controller communication by developing SDNi (Software Defined Networking interface) as an application(ODL-SDNi App). The SDN application is deployable on OpenDaylight-Helium.
Getting Started with ODL-SDNi
We are still in development and have needs from developers to network guys or anywhere in between. All contributions from upstream code to docs and tutorials. Tutorials and getting started links will be added shortly.
For High Level Design and Architecture please refer the project proposal page for more details.
ODL-SDNi App can be used for Bandwidth on demand across inter-SDN Federated Controllers
- In the multi-vendor environment, network traffic would need to be orchestrated across intra-/inter-domain subnets of the SDN controllers.
- The mandate is of a east-west communication that enables SDN controllers across subnets to exchange network information within the purview of defined policies
- Inter-SDN controller (multi-vendor) communication – exchange of network parameters needs to be per pre-agree interface specifications
Clone The ODL-SDNi repository
git clone https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/sdninterfaceapp.git OR git clone ssh://<username>@git.opendaylight.org:29418/sdninterfaceapp
- Rafat Jahan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Shahid Shaik<email@example.com>
- Sirisha Sangam<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Swetha Singadi<email@example.com>
- The ODL-SDNi App needs an SDNiWrapper which will have a BGP protocol implemented.The plan is to use the current BGP library being developed for an end to end session between multiple controllers.
- Using this library to establish a session is being investigated upon.
- Modification needs to be done on top of this library for data exchange.
- End to End Testing will be on hold as long as the BGP session establsihment is not figured out.
Please refer to User and Developer guide.
Check the user guide for each release.
|Release||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||User Guide||Developer Guide||Feature Tests|
|Helium||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||User Guide||Developer Guide||-|
|Lithium||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||User Guide||Developer Guide||-|
|Beryllium||Release Plan||Release Notes||Release Review||User Guide||Developer Guide||Feature Tests|
|Boron||Release Plan||-Release Notes||-Release Review||-User Guide||-Developer Guide||-Feature Tests|