OpenDaylight Advisory Group:Main
The Advisory Group has been established to assist and support ODL in its objectives by providing technical and strategic guidance to the ODL Technical Steering Committee and ODL Developers based on challenges of running a real-world network. Current OpenDaylight Advisors can be found here.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Advisory Group is to provide advice, feedback and guidance to the OpenDaylight Technical Steering Committee as requested regarding:
- ODL priorities regarding features, packaging and deployment prioritization, or Architecture;
- ODL’s strategic roadmap;
- Typical enterprise or service provider architectures and constraints; and SDN and NFV use cases.
Additionally members of the group may:
- Represent the non-confidential views of the Advisor and the broader user community
- Represent the Advisor’s region and business industry
- Participate in demonstrations
- Provide project testing environment, test cases, and/or Proof of Concepts
- Assist in the recruitment of new Advisors, supporters and other ODL participants
- Participate in special projects of interest to the BoD and/or TSC
- Unless otherwise noted regular meetings are held at 8:00am Pacific Time, 11:00am Eastern Time, on the third Thursday of each month.
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/460589814
- iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,460589814# or +14086380968,460589814#
- Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 460 589 814
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=4aXxavGq7GCf2IE96Ecmpi0b1KnSta53
- IRC: chat.freenode.net #opendaylight-users
Current Action Items
- The next meeting will be held on Thursday, April 20th, 2017 at 8:00am Pacific Time.
In this month's Advisory Group call, Olivier Augizeau from Orange will talk about their transition from an IP/MPLS backbone to SDN. Would anyone else like to offer their feedback on their transition efforts or offer insight as to why they decided to forgo a migration. There will also be an opportunity to discuss the ramifications of migration.
Chris will also reserve 10 minutes to discuss agenda topics for May.
- February 23rd, 2017
- January 19th, 2017
- November 17th, 2016
- October 20th, 2016
- September 15th, 2016
- August 18th, 2016
- July 21st, 2016
- June 16th, 2016
- May 19th, 2016
- April 21st, 2016
- March 17th, 2016
- February 18th, 2016
- January 20th, 2016
- December 17th, 2015
- November 19th, 2015
- October 22nd, 2015
- September 17th, 2015
- August 20th, 2015
- July 16th, 2015
- June 25th, 2015
- May 21st, 2015
- April 16th, 2015
- March 19th, 2015
- February 19th, 2015
- January 22, 2015
The role of the Advisory Group is purely advisory in nature, and shall not in any way bind ODL, the BoD, any committee of ODL, or any member of any of ODL (each a “Member”). Likewise, the Advisory Group members (each an “Advisor”) shall not be bound to any obligations to ODL other than abiding by the policies of ODL.