Openflow Protocol Library:Main
|Openflow Protocol Library Facts|
Project Creation Date: July 18th, 2013
IRC: freenode.net #opendaylight
OpenFlow Protocol Library: Links
- Project Proposal
- HYDROGEN Release Plan
- PROJECT Plan 2013
- HELIUM Release Plan
- LITHIUM Release Plan
- BERYLLIUM Release Plan
- BORON Release Plan
- CARBON Release Plan
OpenFlow Protocol Library: Insights
OpenFlow Protocol Library is component in OpenDaylight, that mediates communication between OpenDaylight controller and hardware devices supporting OpenFlow protocol. Primary goal is to provide user (or upper layers of OpenDaylight) communication channel, that can be used for managing network hardware devices.
- Simultaneous support of multiple versions of OpenFlow wire-protocol
- Extensibility to support later OpenFlow versions and OpenFlow extensions
- Immutable transfer objects generation
- Scalable non-blocking implementation
- Pipeline processing
- Scatter buffer
- TLS support
- Serialization (message coding / decoding) logic is separated from implementation of transfer objects.
- All transfer objects returned from this library are immutable.
- Input/Output processing is done via processing pipeline, which could be modified in runtime based on session characteristics (e.g. support of multiple binary protocol versions).
- Testing environment