TSC:2019 LFN SPC Election
- Self Nomination Begins: May 23rd, 2019
- Self Nomination Ends: May 30th, 2019 Midnight UTC / May 29th - 5PM Pacific
- Voting Begins: May 29th, 2019.
- Voting Ends: June 6th, 2019 Midnight UTC / June 5th - 5PM Pacific
Role of the SPC Representative
More information about the SPC and the SPC Representative can be found here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/o4Hu
Requirements of SPC Members
- SPC members can expect to attend at least 2 hours of meetings per week between June 17th through the Governing Board F2F meeting at ONS-EU on Sep 26th, 2019. This is required to get a baseline prepared for that GB meeting.
- After that expectations will be approximately one (1) working day a month per member consisting of:
- Attending a one hour per TAC project per quarter
- Additional SPC internal/planning meetings that may be needed
- Once a quarter meeting with the TAC on LFN portfolio guidance
- Once every quarter before GB meetings to prepare an agenda item for the GB
- Mailing list discussion between meetings
- Face-to-face meeting with TAC/TSCs when possible and needed (e.g. at ONS when both SPC and TAC are present)
Only OpenDaylight TSC members are eligible to run.
- Photo (optional)
- Relevant biography, any additional information
Abhijit is the current TSC Chair for OpenDaylight. As the OpenDaylight TSC Chair, he has presented OpenDaylight at various conferences including ONS, North America, ONS Europe and Linux Foundation's OSN Networking Day in the Bay Area. He was the project lead for the OpenDaylight OpenFlow plugin project since its inception till the start of the Oxygen release as well as a committer on the TTP project. He was elected to the TSC in both the 2016 and the 2017 committer-at-large TSC elections. During the 2017 TSC term - he came up with and evangelized the idea of calendar based ODL release schedules which is now being implemented in Oxygen and beyond. He is technical lead for Ericsson OpenDaylight efforts and works in the Technology department for Ericsson's SDN unit. In the past he had been an active member of the Forwarding Abstractions Workgroup (FAWG) at the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and has contributed to and evangelized the main example table type pattern at the FAWG meetings/ONF member workdays. He has around 20 years of experience in networking software development as well as leading teams toward successful outcomes. Prior to joining Ericsson he led a 100+ person software development team at Blade Network Technologies into a successful integration into IBM via acquisition. He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.
- Statement of Interest in being the OpenDaylight SPC Representative:
As the ODL TSC Chair and ODL representative to the LFN TAC, it will be in the best interests of OpenDaylight for Abhijit to be the ODL representative to the LFN SPC. Reason is that I will have the context of all three - the ODL TSC, LFN TAC as well as the LFN SPC.