Attendees & Representation
(@name - Project(s)
- Faseela K
- Tejas Nevrekar
- Anil Belur
- Hema Gopalakrishnan
- Unknown User (abhinav.gupta) - NetVirt
- Arunprakash D
- Luis Gomez
- Start the Recording
- Show the Antitrust Policy
- Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
- General Topics
- Ubuntu 16.04 EOL (April 25th, 2020)
- TAC Rep Election
- Any Other Topics
Action Item Follow-up
- Mailing list mapping to top-level lists: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/bAGDAQ
- Casey asked PTLs and community members to make sure that they map their mailing list to a "top-level" name or list
- It was suggested that we use Kernel, Application, etc for lists.
- Neon SR3 candidate ( https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-neon-mvn35-openjdk8/334/ ) Anil Belur will send an email about this and we will take it from there
- Sodium SR2 is coming up in 16/jan/20
- Magnesium middle checkpoint by 06/jan/
TAC Rep Election
- Please remember to vote in the TAC Representative Election
- We need to decide which of the 4 joint events in the year ODL would like to join.
- We should have a vote about this just after the new years.
- How many SRs should we have? Some folks are suggesting fewer SRs due to the release overhead.
- Anil Belur thinks that this should be related to the number of fixes going in.
- Luis Gomez and daya kamath feel 3 SRs are not needed by them.
- Need to send an email to the mailing lists to solicit feedback on how many SRs are appropriate? 1 SR, 2 SRs or 3 SRs (current number).
- Anil Belur asks do we need a CentOS Distribution? How many downstream consumers (e.g. ONAP) are pulling our packages? And what format? Presently intg/packaging tests are failing because the tests are written on python 2.7, which requires to be ported to python 3.5/3.6.
- Luis Gomez pointed out that having ODL packages on CentOS upstream is, in fact good for the project and would be a good idea to push every release upstream on CBS repos.
- Anil Belur Ubuntu 16.04 is going to be EOL on April 25th, 2020. Any project using a 16.04 image should move to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- All ubuntu 16.04 images will be removed from the infra on April 25th, 2020
- Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date
- Casey Cain to send an email about the TWS time change to 9 am Pacific