Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC Meeting Zoom || TSC APAC Zoom || Meeting Recordings

TSC meetings are held weekly for one hour on Thursdays.  Meeting time alternates each week.  Standard: 9am Pacific and APAC: 10pm Pacific.

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Staff: Casey Cain Andrew Grimberg @Steve Winslow

Others: Jeff Hartley Manoj Chokka

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
  • Releases
  • TAC & SPC Updates
  • Marketing Update
  • TSC Grievance Tracking
  • General Topics
    • Licensing Update
    • RelEng Update
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Release

TAC & SPC Update

  • Comments

Marketing Update

  •  

General Topic

License update with Steve

  • Steve Winslow from the LF Legal team provided a review of project license updates and migration options if the TSC wished to pursue any changes.
  • The focus of the discussion centered on EPL 1 vs 2 and what it would take to migrate to EPL2.
  • EPL2 with a Secondary license or ALv2 relicensing would require consent of every contributors.
    • To be compatible with GPLv2+, the secondary license mention is required. It may be used on portion on codes but would be difficult to add to the wholde codebase.
    • note that the FSF claims here that ALv2 is not compatible with GPLv2 but is compatible with GPLv3. The Apache foundation point of view about this is detailed here .

RelEng Update

  • Andy was invited to the call by the TSC to discuss a number of things affecting the RelEng.
    • Robert Varga asked about the support level expectations that the Community is supposed to be.
    • Andy explained that the LF does not have an 'SLA' with any of the projects but rather the best effort.  
      • The escalation of tickets is "disabled" for the first hour so that tickets are not being immediately escalated.
      • Andy further explained the escalation and on-call services.
  • Robert Varga asked about the resource commitments to the community from the RelEng team
    • Robert further asked if there is a way to track the KPI of how many hours were spent on ODL.
    • Andy noted that there is a IT Summaries released monthly at https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/TAIQAg
  • Robert is looking for additional automation around releases and would like RelEng to be supporting those issues proactively 
  • Andy explained ongoing migrations of RelEng to Jenkins pipelines jobs that would allow a configuration per project repo.


Action Items

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date