Meetings connection details

available at TransportPCE meetings
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/TransportPCE+meetings

2024-06-13

General information

  • Ca-SR1: shall be under TSC validation, but a new issue has been identified in the NETCONF project. We could need to respin it...

  • K-SR3: Gilles released TPCE artifacts today morning. The release candidate shall be under TSC validation today.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models and transportpce:

  • All changes related to the re-spin of Ca SR1
  • “Fix floating equality bug in tapi module” corrects a bug: == cannot be used to compare 2 floating values
  • “Make tox pre-commit and checkbashism non voting”: the linux image used on the gate (centOS 8) was end of builds. To solve temporarily this issue, this change was merged.
  • “Fi x CI Cent OS 8 configuration issue (workaround)” has been proposed by Guillaume and merged after to solve temporarily in a better way this issue.
  • “Fixup checkstyle issue” solves some new code style issues raised by Spotbug.
  • Some of the changes merged on Ca branch associated to TAPI implementation were backported to the master branch. For this last, lighty could now be reactivated on the gate.
  • “Bump lighty to 20.0.0” was also backported to the master branch. Lighty could now be reactivated on the gate for our functional tests.
  • “Consolidate connectivity Utils” shall be corrected to address Guillaume changes and pushed to master branch.

Changes transportpce under review:

  • “Debug tool for OpenConfig proprietary extensions” is almost ready to be merged. Guillaume would appreciate some feedback from the IOWN community.
  • “Deleting openroadm node after controller restart” from Jonas need to be rebased and shall be tested prior to be merged.

2024-06-06

General information

  • Ca-SR1 shall be under TSC validation, but an issue has been identified (One dependency update on the AAA project was forgotten). Ca SR1 release process need to be respined now.

  • K-SR3 should be ready by 2 weeks.

Code Review

No change merged during last week.

Changes transportpce under review:

  • “Fix frequencies in TAPI convertORToTapiTopology” will be integrated in the respin of Ca SR1 release
  • We are in an intermediate phase since Gilles had to prepare Ca SR1 during his vacations and did not have the time to backport on master some the changes that were pushed on stable/calcium branch. He will start working on backporting required changes on master branch in coming week. For what concerns changes associated to the TAPI feature, we will need to be careful, since some of them have been pushed on Ca branch, whereas some others were pushed on master branch.
  • “Deleting openroadm node after controller restart”: Guillaume made a review, but Jonas is probably expecting a review from people mastering operational aspects prior to apply required modifications, especially as some functional tests are impacted.
  • “Debug Tool for openConfig proprietary extensions” is according to Guillaume ready to be merged.

2024-05-23

General information

  • Ca-SR1 is under progress: Gilles backported from master all changes of interest for the release. An issue detected by our functional test has been solved thanks to Pantheon regarding Lighty.io, but we still experience lots of issues with the gate, due to several cumulative issues on the infrastructure. Need to relaunch everything...

  • K-SR3 should start very soon.

  • Scandium is planned for September.

Code Review

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Jonas is asking for feedback for his change “Deleting openRoadm node after controller restart”. We invited him connecting to the next public meeting.
  • Olivier’s last changes with regard to T-API have been initially pushed on Ca, whereas Guillaume refactoring was made on the master branch. At the end backporting the refactoring on the Ca branch created multiple conflicts that were not so easy to handle. After several tentative the T-API change have been rebased, but we needed to step back on a few functions and went back to initial code to have tapi functional and Junit tests passing.

2024-05-16

General information

  • Ca-SR1: tpce artifact will need to be published next week as soon as the Netconf dependency is available.

  • K-SR3 should have been released last week, so it will come soon.

  • Scandium is planned for September.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models and transportpce:

  • “Remove bad file from OpenConfig Module” on transportpce-models: mistake when openconfig models had been added to the repo
  • “Update release in docs/conf.yaml” will also need to be updated on other stable branches
  • “Abort power setup if setting gainloss fails” has been merged by Guillaume once “Power setup gainloss failure Junit test” provided a unitary test to check the correct behavior of previous change.
  • “Bump transportpce-models upstream dependency”: explain why the gate was failing for a while after Ca was released
  • “Refactor CovertORTopoToFullTopo Step 1 to 7”: Guillaume refactored and factorized the code for this test since it has been modified from initial version by different coders and needed some consolidation.
  • “Refactor TAPI Utils TapiContext”, “Refactor TAPI TapiNetworkModelServiceImpl”,  “Refactor TAPI TapiNetworkModelServiceImpl code style” and a few others, improve indentation and provide other improvements.

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Gilles worked on a few changes around dependencies update and project version bump to address Ar SR4 but will be abandoned since this release in fact only concerns core projects.
  • Consolidate ConnectivityUtils" associated with “refactoTapi2.4 Final touch” bring the latest modifications to the migration to T-API 2.4 adding some unitary tests to check functions that have been added to handle Photonic Media NEP spec and the parameters associated to the OMS.
  • Initial T-API 2.4 PCE link & Nodes Classes” daisy chained with “Initial Tapi-2.1 node and link classes for PCE” is the old change that provided the link and node classes required for the PCE to operate from a T-API topology. It has been rebased on master branch. All associated code needs to be tested using a topology file that will be generated as soon as we migrate to Ca-SR1 that re-activates the swagger function required to retrieve the full topology from the Data Store.

2024-05-09

No Meeting. Public holiday.

2024-05-02

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce:

  • Guillaume added a perl linter

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Gilles pushed few changes on stable/argon branch to prepare Ar-SR4 (last release for Argon release train), but unfortunately jenkins jobs have been removed in releng/builder...
  • new change on master to update the transportpce-models version (the gate was no longer working)
  • several refactoring changes from Guillaume on TAPI code: few of them are ready to be merged 

2024-04-18

Meeting cancelled

2024-04-11

General information

  • LFN DTF summit will be hold on the 2nd and 3rd of May in San Jose. Deadline for registration is on the 12Th of May.

  • We are using Teams for tpce meetings, and the LFN recommends to use their Zoom tool. However neither Orange nor AT&T company authorize to use zoom tool...

  • Gilles published last week TPCE artifacts for Ca. For what concerns tpce, everything has been done. The distribution shall be released next week after the TSC as approved it.

  • A change in Netconf is currently under review to solve our OpenAPI issue.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models and transportpce:

  • 2 changes concerning the Ca release have been merged.
  • Gilles removed the tapi models 2.1.1 from transportpce-models which are not used anymore.
  • The set of Openconfig models has been backported to stable/potassium branch and will be included in K-SR3

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Changes corresponding to the branch managements, bump of project versions associated to Ca and the evolution of the different branches.
  • Note : We have diverged so much from K in Ca that only a few changes will be backported to K for SR3 release.
  • Guillaume changes associated to the refactoring of tapi module as well as the correction of 2 bugs that were reintroduced through wrong multiple merge-conflicts management.
  • “Use Map in TAPI topology ConvertORToTapiTopology” is a code optimization proposed by Guillaume to reduce the cyclomatic complexity
  • “Update tpce release note for Calcium” has been merged, but we forgot to mention the Rollback -process refactoring of SmartOptics and the AT&T work around IPoWDM use case. Will be updated.

Other

  • sprint 34 is cloed in session, and the next one launched.

2024-04-04

General information

  • Ca GA is still under progress and should be available very soon now. TPCE  is more or less the only project that needs to be released now.

  • Transportpce has been demonstrated last week during the OFC event. Bala provided some feedbacks. A lot of people followed the event this year and there was a lot of visitors on OpenROADM booth

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models and transportpce:

  • Some changes related to the Ca preparation: “Refactor NetworkModel for PortMappingListener”, “Replace javax.activation-api by the jakarta one”, “Bump grizzly-http-server version to 4.0.2, “Bump netconf to version 7.0.4”, , “Bump netconf to version 7.0.3”, Fix karaf client issue in functional test library”, “Fix bugs in nbinotifications module”, Migrate tapi notification functional tests to 2.4”, “Bump kafka-client version to 3.7.0”, “Bump Netcof Version to 7.0.4”
  • In addition, a set of changes from Guillaume associated with refactoring of both Ca associated changes and Tapi Refactoring

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Olivier is currently working on handling translation of OMS attributes of OpenROADM links into the NEPs and CEPS that end tapi links. This implies to some refactoring of Tapi Modules to have the need function in the best place and avoid redundancy.

2024-03-21

General information

  • LFN migrated its servers from US to Europe: as a result, JIRA, Gerrit and CI/CD experienced some issues that have been rather solved.

  • Ca should have been released on the 14Th but it is still under preparation.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models and transportpce:

  • “Bump of upstream dependencies to latest Ca versions” and “Bump Netconf to 7.0.3”: let's notice that a new dependency for Netconf shall be available soon.
  • Make lighty build non voting in CI” disactivates Lighty runtime build since lighty-core has not been migrated to Ca yet.
  • “Fix Renderer Junit Tests exceptions” : the change from Joachim had some impact on the tests and Gilles had to reworked some Junit tests.
  • “Only verify PreFec Ber if end node is  Xponder”.
  • “Refactor common CrossConnectImpl” and “Fix inventory listeners code style”.
  • “Refine the RPC implementation registration” replaces the ClassToInstanceMap argument by a plain varargs with the RPC implementations when registering RPC to mdsal.binding.api.RpcProviderService. This change also allows optimizing code by removing classes that have now become almost useless. JUnit tests were also adapted to check exactly which RPC impl are registered.

Changes transportpce under review:

  • “Refactor NetworkModel for PortMappingListener” has been proposed by Guillaume and is ready to be merged, but after Gilles relation chain for the migration to Ca is done.
  • “Replace javax.activation-api by the jakarta one” removes the fixed and old version of javax.activation-api for the benefit of the jakarta.activation-api provided by odlparent.
  • “Bump grizzly-http-server version to 4.0.2" replaces old and unsecured 2.4.0 version .
  • Bump netconf to version 7.0.3”: this version of Netconf was supposed to solve Swagger issues, but it still not the case for NB API
  • Fix karaf client issue in functional test library”: Removes logout from the bash command sent with subprocess run to avoid having a runtime exception in karaf when we install the odl-transportpce-nbinotifications feature and  removes a useless variable in sims. It also updates_cp_port_ntcf method .
  • Fix bugs in nbinotifications module” fixes NPE issue in NbiNotificationsHandler, message issue in PceNotificationHandler of service handler,  adds small delay in functional test execution to let the notification being sent in kafka broker and fixes issue when uninstalling the feature (publisher sessions with kafka server remained open)
  • Migrate tapi notification functional tests to 2.4”  fixes NPE issue in CreateConnectivityServiceValidation when the request does not contain any topology constraints, and also completes TAPI notification functional test suite. It adapts the tests to the new implementation.
  • “Bump kafka-client version to 3.7.0” allows to have now all dependencies aligned with current version.
  • “Refactor a few Renderer RPCs” focuses on code style and some optimizations.

2024-03-14

General information

  • Ca release is on track. It is targeted the 21st of March. The TPCE master branch migration to Ca is in good shape.

  • Registration and topic submission period is still open for the next DTF (Developer and Testing Forum)  which will happen in San Jose the 2nd and 3rd of May.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models:

  • “Add a set of OpenConfig yang models” was backported to stable/potassium branch to allow lightynode building. It has been merged during the meeting.

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce:

Changes transportpce under review:

  • mainly the relation chain related to the Ca migration
    • “Make lighty non-voting in CI”: Because the migration of lighty core is still under process, we need to disactivate lighty voting, temporarily until lighty is migrated to Ca. The lighty build issue (availability of RpcService) has been fixed during the week. As soon as Lighty is ready for Ca, we are able to revert this change to reactivate TPCE lighty build.
    • “Bump upstream dependencies to Ca” is now ready to be merged. The merge of Smartopics' changes has implied to rebase this change which took times. 
    • “Fix Renderer Junit tests exceptions": during the execution of the renderer Junit tests, lots of exceptions were raised. Gilles repaired and adapted the Junit tests so that they can run without any exception. This also allowed to rebase Jonas change “Only verify PreFEC BER if end node is Xponder” which now passes the gate.
    • Guillaume is working on different changes to apply code style rules : “Refactor common CrossConnectImpl”, “Fix inventory listener code indentation” & “clean up nbiNotifications after Ca Bump”
  • “Refactor Tapi 2.4 final touch” and “…. final touch2 ” shall be squashed and then will be ready to merge.

Other

  • An update of upstream dependencies for Ca GA, is currently ongoing. It is needed for the migration to Ca.

  • Everyone shall try to update his Jira Ticket so that we could close the Sprint after the migration to Ca has been accomplished (Please try to update before next week meeting).

  • Nathan mentions that they still experience some issue with Netconf session on devices from TransportPCE, when at the same time other sessions are in place to catch PMs on devices; whereas the device is supposed to support multiple (up to 18) sessions at the same time.

2024-03-07

General information

  • Topic submission period is still open for the next DTF (Developer and Testing Forum)  which will happen in San Jose in April.

  • Ca preparation is ongoing with the target of 21st of March

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models:

  • “Bump upstream dependencies to Ca”

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce:

  • “Add SpectrumFillingRule check in postAlgoValidator “, “Refactor PCE OperatorConstraints “ and “Reindent PceTestData Junit”
  • “ Allow the client to specify ROADM service SRG port “ & “Address yang name change for transportpce-pce” changes from Smartoptics
  • Also Christophe's change on "Complement sims configuration files"

Changes transportpce under review:

  • “ Bump Upstream dependencies to Ca“: the migration is now OK and this change passed the gate after Robert solved a bug related to RPCs handling in the Netconf project. This change will be merged very soon to make sure that the transportPCE is correctly migrated to Ca. The developer and user guides will need to be upgraded to reflect some of the changes that were made in the way to connect node with Netconf. Java interface related to yang modules describing RPCs do not exist anymore. Gilles moved all RPCs in specific classes, having one RPC implementation per Class. Thus, can RPC be registered individually. Gilles had to rework a lot of Junit tests. Implementation of Listener and DataTreeChange implementation is also modified. With current version of lighty core, it is not possible anymore to build lighty using Ca dependencies, due to the RPC implementation change that is associated to ODL (need mdsal.binding.api.RpcService). One shall also note that currently Openapi does not work anymore in Ca. This issue shall be solved in R 7.0.2 of Netconf.
  • “ Only verify preFEC BER if end node is Xponder“ change from Jonas makes a lot of Junit test failing. Gilles is currently working on this, rebasing this change on the migration to Ca to benefit from the Junit tests he has refactored.
  • Joakim changes are currently ready, but we will merge the Ca migration first, and rebase them after.

2024-02-29

General information

  • Topic submission period is open for the next DTF (Developer and Testing Forum)  which will happen in San Jose in April.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce-models:

  • OpenRoadm 13.1 models and the set of OpenConfig models have been merged.

Changes merged  since last meeting on transportpce:

  • “Add Customer name to pathComputationRequestInput“
  • Guillaume changes on Tapi refactoring
  • Jonas changes were merged (“Allow 0 dB spanloss in power management” and “Fix persistence when karaf is restarted”).
  • “Determine preferred node/port from PCRI“,  “New Package dealing with Rollback process” and “Refactoring rollback when service create fails”. Gilles hopes this will not have too many side effects on his change related to the migration to Ca since this is really complex. "Bumb upstream dependencies to Ca" is now in merge conflict state...

Changes transportpce under review:

  • “Refactor PCE operator constraint “ has been proposed by Guillaume to optimize for loops.
  • “Address yang name change for transportpce-pce “
  • “Add a tox profile to install lightynode“ , “Switch all func tests to lightynode” and “ Complement sims configuration files” have been proposed by Christophe in order to migrate the CI/CD chain towards Lighty.io. => ready to be merged.
  • “Refacto to Tapi2.4 Final touch” correspond to latest work associated with the migration to Tapi 2.4 , introducing spectral information in Neps. This change is not for review and has been set as WIP. It has been pushed for backup.
  • “Only verify PreFec BER if end node is Xponder” currently fails. It will need to be rebased on Gilles's change on the migration because most of JUnit tests have been redone.

2024-02-22

General information

  • The annual LFN 2024 mentorship program has been launched.  Selection progress is already started. The deadline for submission is the 17th of March. This program allows mentoring students that are willing to contribute to a project.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting

  • “Fix warning message when service creation fails” & “Fix ConvertORToTapiTopology Upper/Lower Freq bug”

Changes transportpce-models under review:

  • Change associated OpenROADM device13.1 models and OpenConfig models could be merged

Changes transportpce under review:

  • 4 changes associated with TAPI refactoring are still in review status. 3 of them could be merged. “Outsource TAPI test constants from test utils” may not be merged according to the comments that were made.
  • “Fix OLM rollback” and “Allow 0 dB spanloss in power management” could be merged. For other SmartOptics changes, we may wait since they do not pass the gate.
  • “Fix persistence when karaf is restarted” : Guillaume had a look at it and asked for an adaptation. He suggested to adjust the script used at initialization.
  • Smartoptics provided 2 changes to correct RollBack function : “New package dealing with device Rollback” & “Refactoring Rollback when service create fails”. Bala did not have time  to review it.
  • SmartOptics proposed an additional relation chain including  “Determine preferred node/port from PCRI” and “Allow the client to specify ROADM service SRG port” which address Bala’s bug TRNSPRTPCE-176

Other

  • Christophe and Gilles succeeded in integrating OpenConfig Models and the xml configurations in Lighty Node. They still have an issue to build the right xsl transform to expose the configuration in the Operational DataStore.
  • Gilles confirms that we can change in OpenROADM MSA latest models the import of of iana-safi to iana-routing-types version 2022-08-19 which is the latest.

2024-02-15

General information

  • Next DTF Development and testing Forum will be hold in San Jose, collocated with ONE summit the 2nd and 3rd of May

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting

  • FixConvertORToTapiTopology Upper/lower Freq: bug detected during the code refactoring step.

Changes transportpce-models under review:

  • “Add OpenROADM device 13.1.0 models” could be merged
  • “Update the iana-afn-safi import in lldp module”: could also be merged, and no objection were formulated during the meeting.
  • “Bump upstream dependencies to Ca” was pushed by Gilles this week to start the migration to Ca, and no specific issues were identified on this side.

Changes transportpce under review:

  • Smartoptics provided 2 changes to correct RollBack function : “New package dealing with device Rollback” & “Refactoring Rollback when service create fails”. Bala has been asked to review. The new functionality may be easier to test on devices than simulator. Gilles confirms that we can wait before merging it. In this change, multiple interfaces/classes were proposed to handle the rollback process. It is not that easy to figure out whether the new rewritten callback function will work, and the best option to test these changes is to test them on real equipment.
  • “Fix OLM rollback” could be merged now. Not really dependent on the previous relation chain
  • “False warning message when service creation fails” could be merged.
  • “Only verify PreFEC BER if end node is Xponder” pushed by Jonas avoids reading PreFEC BER from end nodes when creating a ROADM-to-ROADM. Need to be check because one Junit test fails... Issue on the gate?
  • “Add SpectrumFillingRule check in postAlgoValidator” : Olivier shall cleanup the Junit test before we merge it.
  • Gilles initiated the migration to Ca with “Bump upstream dependencies to Ca”.
  • “Add a Tox profile to install lightynode”, “Switch all func tests to lightynode”, “Upgrade LightyNode sim version” are still under review.
  • “complement sims configuration files” passed the gate but seems to fail right now with the same issue that we experience with some other changes. Christophe continues debugging the OpenConfig xml configuration files. He experiences some issues with some augmentations, especially for components, and more specifically psu.

2024-02-08

General information

  • ODL distribution for K-SR2 is released. Release notes have been updated.

  • Gilles started the migration of master branch to Ca (targeted mid-March) which seems to have important side-effects on TransportPCE current implementation. Hope it will not be too much difficult to adapt...

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting

  • Olivier's relation chain on tapi 2.4 models migration. TPCE is now implementing T-API 2.4 models.

Changes under review:

  • Guillaume has initiated a refactoring activity on TAPI code:
    • “Refactor Tapi Connectivity Utils” which simplifies the code style has been reviewed by Gilles,

    • “RefactorTapi ConvertORTopoToTapiTopo” has been reviewed by Gilles,

    • “RefactorTapi ConvertORToTapiTopology” : Gilles has reviewed it, Olivier started reviewing it but has not finished,

    • “Outsource TAPI test constants from test utils” has been reviewed by Gilles who provided some comments,

    • “Refactor Tapi ConvertORTopoToTapiTopo junit” & “Refactoring some Tapi Junit tests code ” have been reviewed by Gilles and merged in session

  • Smartoptics provided 2 changes to correct RollBack function: “New package dealing with device Rollback” & “Refactoring Rollback when service create fails”. Bala has been asked to review. The new functionality may be easier to test on devices than simulator.
  • New changes from Olivier related to the wavelength selection issue raised by NTT: “Add Customer name to path Computation”, and “Add SpectrumFillingRule check in postAlgoValidator” are 2 changes to handle a service creation according to a specific wavelength. As wavelength can not be provided as a constraint in service-create, we propose to leverage the spectrum-filling feature of Controller-behaviour-settings which was initially proposed to partition the spectrum across customers. Thus the wavelength constraint can be expressed as a specific customer profile (using customer-name in service-create) for which we dedicate a specific spectrum as specified in spectrum-filling-rules.
  • Functional tests migration to lightynode:
    • “Add a Tox profile to install lightynode”: Gilles pushed this change to allow installing lightynode according to any version (specific release or specific snapshot binaries)
    • “Switch all func tests to lightynode”: Christophe's change allows to switch from Honeynode to Lighty for all the tests (1.2.1, 2.2.1, and 7.1). In tox.ini , it allows adopting lightynode sims for remaining 7.1, hybrid and  with_docker tests. It also adapts tests using netconf connector instead of restconf one as soon as Lightynode does not support restconf api
    • “Upgrade LightyNode sim version” upgrades Lightynode version to manage notifications for 1.2.1 and 7.1.0. Now integrated inside the previous one. Will be abandonned.
    • “Complement sims configuration files” is complementing configuration files for 7.1 configuration (pm description and pm list)

2024-02-01

General information

  • Potassium SR2 has just been approved by the TSC and the ODL distribution shall be released soon. For TransportPCE, the last changes that were pending (release note update in docs project) have been merged by Guillaume.

  • Gilles will probably start the migration of Master branches to Ca next week.

  • Robert informed the community about a migration to Java 21st planned in Ca SR1, and imposed in Scandium.

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting

  • Changes related to the K-SR2 release and backported from stable/potassium branch
  • Matej's change that was pending for a while (“Don’t use notificationListener (NodeRegistration)”)
  • Removal of transportPCE swagger feature that was an old workaround for developer that is not needed anymore.
  • Synchronisation of master branch of transportpce-modes to K-SR2

Changes under review:

  • Olivier's relation chain on tapi 2.4 model migration
    • The relation has been reworked end of last week. Gilles reviewed it, and Olivier has addresed most important comments made by Gilles, and then reabsed again the chain. Gilles is about to merge them if nobody has any objection.
  • Tapi code refactoring: Guillaume has initiated a refactoring activity with several changes:
    • “Refactor Tapi Connectivity Utils” which simplifies the code style,
    • “Outsource TAPI tests constants from tests utils” and “Refactoring some Tapi Junit tests ” which simplifies the structure of the tests
  • Gilles pushed several changes on transprtpce-models
    • “Add OpenROADM device 13.1.0 models” allows to have 13.1 OpenROADM device models for future developments in tpce.
    • “Update the iana-afn-safi import in lldp module” is solving the issue of relying on an obsolete model. Long discussion about possible impact of having a change of namespace with the iana-routing-types model...
    • “Add a set OpenConfig yang models” is adding a set of OpenConfig models to tpce, which correspond to what we see in some pre R1.0 equipment. It is still under review.

General topic

  • Olivier has provided a draft of the OpenConfig device configuration for Lighty, which consistency shall be tested.
  • reminder: url to use to have swagger is http://<server>:8181/openapi/explorer/index.html

2024-01-25

General information

  • Gilles released TransportPCE artifacts for K-SR2 + prepare its integration inside ODL distribtuion + prepare the release note on docs project

Code Review

Changes merged  since last meeting

  • New relation chain from Gilles on stable/potassium related to the K-SR2 release preparation

Changes under review:

  • Same Gilles's K-SR2 related relation chain backported from stable/potassium branch to master
  • Olivier's work on tapi 2.4 migration
    • Olivier shall rebase the T-API relation chain after Gilles's changes are merged
    • Guillaume considers that the relation chain can be merged. Gilles will have a look at it before.
  • Addition of a set of openconfig yang models in transportpce-models repo which corresponds to what we see in some pre R1.0 equipment.

General topic

  • Olivier is working on correcting and completing the OpenConfig device configuration for the lightynode simulator, making it closer to what we observe with equipment in the labs.

2024-01-18

Code Review

No change merged  since last meeting

transportpce changes under review:

  • “Don’t use notification Listener (Node registration)”:  The missing Netconf features will be added in AR-SR4, K-SR2 and Ca-GA. Could be merged after the dependency bump
  • Status on Olivier's work on tapi 2.4 migration

    • Olivier addressed Guillaume's comments in the relation chain associated with migration and refactoring. Some of the tests do not pass. It will be corrected according to the results of the gate that will help identify where (at which level of the chain) the bug was introduced

General topic

  • Sprint 34 was initiated. All non-closed issues of previous sprint have been included. An additional issue #774 was introduced : Create an OpenConfig configuration file. Some JIRA ticket describing OpenConfig models to be introduced in tpce models need also to be created.

  • Christophe made a small project to illustrate the bug we have in lightynode for openroadm-device 7.1 models (handling when statement). He reported the issue on the odl-kernel list. The Issue is identified in the yangtools project, but it seems difficult to solve it, and no solution will be provided in a short time. 2 workarounds have been proposed.

  • Bala is trying to fix the way we are building A and Z end containers in service-create and temp-service-create so that he can retrieve the operational mode supported by external pluggables to address IPoWDM case.

  • He also started to implement the power control RPC to address IPoWDM use case.

  • Bug: When we specify the port to use in the service-create (for SRGs ending an optical tunnel), tpce is currently picking the port based on first port available, not considering the port specified in the service-create. Gilles started to work on this bug but did not have the time to work on any use case. He asked Bala to create a JIRA ticket to better understand the associated use case.

2024-01-11

Code Review

changes merged  since last meeting:

  • 3 changes related to the bug TRNSPRTPCE-772 reported by Joakim

    • “Spectrum assignment skipped the last node in path ” proposed by Joakim
    • “PCE graph spectrum assignment slight refactoring”: small refactoring pushed by Guillaume
    • “Add new functional PCE test to check bug 722”: new small pce functional test suite proposed by Gilles to check the effective correction of the bug.

transportpce changes under review:

  • Status on Olivier's work on tapi 2.4 migration

    • It's a bit of a mess in its relation chain: Gilles will help to realign correctly the different changes.

    • Still in work in progress. Need to address Guillaume's comments on few changes

General topic

  • Bala mentions that we may need to implement OpenROADM 13.1 device models in TransportPCE. Gilles mentions that it is not an issue to add device models 13.1 in transportpce-models repo. He is also in favor of deprecating the oldest ones (1.2.1) which are not used except in TransportPCE functional tests. Gilles will communicate the intention to cancel the support for R 1.2.1 models on the dev list.
  • No labels