Beryllium is the first release for FaaS as part of ODL, the main features in this release include two layer service abstraction definition
- logical Network Services
- Fabric Services
and there implementations based on the following module
- OVS based VXLAN fabric for fabric service implementation
- Fabric Manager and ULNMapper for fabirc management, SFC integration and most importantly logical network service rendering
- FaaS Based GBP render - an application based on FaaS Services to render GBP model into logical network model.
- Requires Java 7 or Java 8 compliant runtime environment.
- Follow the OpenDaylight Beryllium installation and user guide documentation to install OpenDaylight Beryllium including FaaS features, SFC and GBP features.
- Requires Java 8 compliant runtime environment, GIT, Maven version >= 3.2.3
- Follow the OpenDaylight Beryllium installation and user guide documentation to install OpenDaylight Beryllium including FaaS features.
- Also FaaS uses SFC to set up the SFC path, so SFC features are required too. follow SFC developer guide for more details
Known Issues and Limitations
- Only support OVS and VXLAN for now
- bug4871 logical Router/Switch name wrong in Fabric
- bug5272 ULN security rules need to include src and dest IP address when the rules are rendered from GBP model
Changes Since Previous Releases
Beryllium is the first release for FaaS project. The following items are not applicable to FaaS project.
Bugs Fixed in this Release
Migration from Previous Releases
Compatibility with Previous Releases
Deprecated, End of Lifed, and/or Retired Features/APIs