Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 12 Next »

Meetings connection details

available at TransportPCE meetings
https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/ODL/TransportPCE+meetings


04/29/2020

General information

The presentation made in the TWS meeting was appreciated and a question/answer session will be organized next Monday.
Next LFN events : No news from next Developper forum, the ONS America has been postponed to September but it is not canceled
Mg SR1 : we can’t stage the project right now, because managed project are not ready. It shall be possible next Monday. Hopefully, we shall have one week then to stage transportPCE
A new version of checkstyle does not allow separation in the import. Stable Magnesium and Master are now pointing to Mg SR1.

Coding activity

Many changes have been cherry-picked so that we are ready for staging.
The changes on the OTN-Renderer /PCE alignment and topology update have been merged as well as a number of Junit test added by OLE for the PCE.
Fixing PCE spotbug issues : removed some uncalled method from the PCE and add some decorators to solve 2 false-positives.

Guillaume managed to fix the build error on lighty.io and updated the dependencies version to 12.1.0. It is now building and was merged. This change has been backported to the stable Mg branch.

Update device model to 7.0 : functional tests concerning the OLM are failing. The reason could be that some classes associated with the OLM are importing some yang files from common models without stating the version. By default the latest version of the common models are called. As there were a lot of changes in the common models it might be that code is not compatible with some of the elements changed in latest version of common yang models. Some R7.0 equipment may come in the lab in a short time.

SAPI/DAPI : Bala made a change based on both Hashing function proposed by Guillaume and on the contribution from Shweta. It is successfully building but currently failing (PortMapping functional tests), but Bala need additional time to identify where the failure comes from. PortMapping has been modified to include the Hashmap corresponding to the code for SAPI and DAPI.
Guillaume isolated the change related to the portmapping and put it into a separate change (ease the debugging, making easier to identify the impact on the changes of models).

Upgrade to Service Model 6.1 : propose to put it on hold and wait until the issue 678 of OpenROADM is solved (bug related on the introduction of mandatory leaves making the subrate-eth-sla container mandatory whereas it is associated to a when statement, which leads to incorrect behavior in ODL). Then rather than integrating R6.1.1 which shall solve the issue, we could directly jump to R7.1 which will also solve this but add nice features to handle MDONS use case (such as the possibility to handle several notifications urls to different ONAP subcomponents.

04/16/2020

General information

The mailing-lists have been migrated, this includes transportPCE dev list.
The presentation about transport PCE for the Tech work stream (public session) will be on the 27th.
It has been asked by the TSC, and shall be technical. A good starting point could be to reuse the presentation made top OpenROADM user Group.
The gate was broken two days ago, this means the project shall be rebuilt if no Maven cache repo is used.

Coding activity

OLE has added some Junit Tests for the PCE, increasing the overall coverage.
They also provide  the Orange Gitlab LFN-dedicated space with the documentation for the GUI.
Gilles has pushed the “bump project version to magnesium SR1” on the stable magnesium branch.
Mg SR1 is planned for the 4th of May (Managed project). We will have then one week to perform the staging.
The change on SAPI/DAPI shall be adapted (creation of SAPI/DAPI based on a HashMap of 16 Bytes, with preferably the ability to retrieve the original string from the hashmap).
The Change has been rebased (new dependencies) and put as work in progress.
OpenROADM service model 6.1 has been also rebased on new dependencies. The problem is that it modifies the service handler and does not allow to pass the end to end tests.
AT&T will analyze the log and reason for the failure of the functional tests.

Gilles pushed 2 changes to handle topology after an OTN service has been created and to align the Renderer operation with the PCE. This allows notably to update the topology with OTU4, ODTU4 (Structured ODU4) links, used and available bandwidth.  ODU0, ODU2e and  ODU4 services can be provisioned through otn-service-path and supporting OTU4/Och through service-path rpc.

04/9/2020

General Information

TSC would like to have a transportPCE presentation during a TWS meeting. AT&T is ready to support this.
Proposal to make it next Monday, but this can probably be planned at a later date which better fit with our constraints.
Martin raised the question on whether we shall try to push transportPCE for being a Managed Project.
The lack of effective committers would make it difficult at this date.
Martin suggested to discuss with the TSC this at the end of the presentation (mentioning current elements that may need to be solved).


The LFN has decided to migrate the mailing list. We shall receive of invitation to subscribe to the new mailing list.
For Aluminium we have to think about the  old Controller API removal.
This may have an impact, on the code, but  most the work was already done on the databroker migration from September for Sodium.
The Wiki shall be migrated before beginning of May.

Code review

“Update config files and tests” has been merged. It improves the testing environment for GNPY, modifying the config files.
“Improve HoneyNode Docker script” has been merged. The script to initiate the simulators has been changed.
“update lighty.io build script for Mg SR0 support”: Balla made some modifications updating dependencies and was able to build the lighty locally.

Narayan has started working on the support of 2.2.1 Devices in the inventory. He has an issue with the database management.
“Upgrade OpenROADM service model to 6.1” : Susmitha has removed old 5.1 service Model.
She suggests to keep old models in common, because a lot of modules are still using them.

03/26/2020

General information

A release note and a marketing announcement have been prepared. All self-managed projects (including transportPCE) will be in the official distribution.
GUI source code has been published on Orange public Gitlab, the docs have not been published but exist in Microsoft Word docx format, they must be converted in MarkDown.

Code review

“HoneyNode and tox scripts BSD compatible” has been merged : the idea was to rewrite tox scripts and the launcher so that they are BSD compatible and can be used on Mac.

“Calculate Spanloss crashes when OTS is not present” : Susmitha add a check on whether the OTS interface is present or not.

“Setting transponder power level when SRG Rx power range does not exist”   Susmitha made a change to set transponder power level when SRG Rx power range does not exist.

Javier working with Nokia has pushed a change  initiating Device Notification Listener functionality.
They propose to provide contribution that focus on listening to device notifications in order to trigger some network topology updates associated with the state of nodes and tps.

Docker refactoring : HoneyNode Docker refactoring is ongoing.

“Bump project to 2.0.0 and fix feature deployment change” allows bumping Master branch on Aluminum.

Several change have been made to reduce the technical debt and fix different spotbug issues (Separate changes for PCE, Common & Network and Renderer modules).
This changes also allows solving some of the SONAR issues.

03/19/2020

General information

There will be a vote today for Magnesium Release, but they are still experiencing issues with some of the projects.
Guillaume did not manage to stage the release because some dependencies are still missing.

Code review

Docker refactoring for Java 11 : Honeynode has been upgraded to Java11. The Docker that launch the simulators needed also to be upgraded.
In the docker file some changes have been made to introduce a hierarchy. Previously as all simulators and configurations were built directly on the image, the dockers used a lot of memory.
Using the Multi-stage feature of Docker, the size of the image went down from 800 to 240 Mbytes.  Also only one image is now used for all configurations. A script starts several container with their own configuration file. An option has been added to check the health of the simulators by using the REST API.

Adding SAPI/DAPI to Renderer function has been completed also removing some warnings that were generated previously and hardcoded lines.

“Update configuration files and tests” change is focusing on correcting the clfi and addresses of the nodes, and managing OMS attributes and other deprecated attributes  that were moved to the common model.

03/12/2020

General information

Magnesium release is postponed. A bug in karaf prevent some of the modules to start correctly.
Trying to stage the release, it seems that some NETCONF dependencies are not available so that we can’t stage it.

Code review

Ongoing changes on the master branch:

A change has been provided by Anil related to the documentations (migration to Python 3).
Some Changes can be pushed on Master branch. If a change is OK we can then cherry pick it and propose it for Magnesium.

Gilles is working on some adds to the topology management and the renderer to handle OTN link creation in the topology. This code has not been pushed on the repository.

Bala has been working on checkstyle issues for SAPI/DAPI code and will push it this afternoon.

TPCE GUI:
We are working with Fossology to check the licenses associated with the GUI code. After we have checked licenses are compatible, the GUI code will be pushed on Gitlab.

03/05/2020

General information

Magnesium will probably be postponed but we are ready to integrate the release.
We have received some guidelines about the migration of the Wiki (Casey Cain).

Code review

toJava functions introduced by the Magnesium migration do not support null.
The code of GNPy has been changed accordingly (addressing the case where PCE sending a request to GNPy to calculate a path, without sating the wavelength).

The transportPCE features have been reorganized . odltransportpce gathers now all features associated with tpce, ord and api models.
A feature has been added for t-api, as well as an for the inventory. The creation of a t-api bundle was not leading to creation of t-api artifact which breaks karaf.
A change has been proposed to publish the artifact locally, so that they are available to be run in Karaf

The documentations have been reviewed to include OTN support, GNPY, and T-API support (for the export of the topology).
Some example have been provided to explain how to configure OTN devices using intermediate (East/west) APIs, waiting for a full end to end support (planned in later releases of Magnesium).

02/13/2020

General information

We manage to release tpce for Na SR2.

Magnesium code freeze should have been on Monday the 10th of February. Bus as BGPCEP project is not ready, Mg shall be stable only on next Monday.
Guillaume has bumped the dependency and also migrated tox to use controller with JDK 11 and sims with JDK 8(not merged at that time).
Currently the project is building with JDK 8 and 11 with Sodium. JDK 11 is mandatory for Mg.

Maven verified job  needs to be migrated to JDK 11 (currently building on JK8). So this should not affect the current code.
A patch has been proposed to releng/builder to migrate. It has been merged during the meeting. So the gate is now using JDK11.

Code review

When AT&T is pushing code, the building process fails. LFN doc tools needs Python 3.6 . ATT changes need to be rebased on the current master to use the new version of tox.ini
PCE consolidation  (according to Jonas comment, and OSNR calculation improvement) has been merged.
The PCE OTN initial code has been reworked through  “Adapt PCE code for OTN services” commit which has been merged.

OTN renderer code and PCE code have been put on top of Upgrade to service-path1.7
OTN renderer code was initialy rebased on service path 1.7 before it was cleaned-up leading now to a merge conflict. The way to solve this has been identified during the meeting.

Guillaume is currently trying to rebase the Magnesium dependencies on top of the master branch.
There are some changes in the yang tools : they have changed the implementation of yang list leading to the impossibility of sorting correctly these list.
This breaks the functional tests.

AT&T has started working on service and network models 6.1 integration. There are some issues , probably coming from common models.
Bala has also started working on including SAPI and DAPI field on interface Builders (OTU4 creation) in the renderer but functional test fails (at the Topology level)
AT&T identified an issue with ODL parsing device responses to Netconf config edit. They need to investigate a bit further to understand whether the issue comes from ODL (NETCONF) or from the equipment.

02/06/2020

General information

The next DDF won’t be collocated with the ONS. It will be associated with the ONAP event in Seoul.

Magnesium code freeze for Managed project is beginning next week. This means that the API won’t change.


Code review

Guillaume fixed the problems with tox profiles and the gate works again.

Ahmed managed to finish his work on GNPY and addressed most of Jonas comments on the PCE. The problem of identifier for fiber and EDFA has been fixed.
The only remaining  point of discussion concerns the Belmann Ford algorithm and latency management, but Jonas agreed for the merge.


Shweta has addressed all the comments made from a functional view on the renderer which was also realigned to the service-path 1.7.
AT&T has started working on the upgrade to Service and Network models 6.1.

Christophe and Gilles pushed the new version of the PCE. They have reviewed all the code and have updated it to perform the path calculation for OTN service (OTU4 from network to network ports on OpenROADM topology, ODU4 from network to network ports on otn-topology relying on an OTU4 link, and 10GE/ODU2 & 1GE/ODU0 from client to client ports relying on an ODU4 link. They had to change the structure to introduce a new interface PceNode where generic methods are defined. These last being implemented by PceOpticalNode (previous PceNode) and PceOtnNode.

The part that misses for Magnesium are :

  • OTU/ODU link population in the topology : Christophe and Gilles will work on their side on method in the topology building to create link in topology. Shweta and Bala will focus on renderer
  • Service deletion which shall be quite straight-forward

Emmanuelle worked on HoneyNode which can be built and run on Java11. We are currently making tests to validate the solution.

Guillaume managed to make the code build with Magnesium, but still have some issues to solve. The community has introduced spotBugs (similar to SONAR) which raises some errors.

  • No labels