Genius project provides Generic Network Interfaces, Utilities & Services. Any ODL application can use these to achieve interference-free co-existence with other applications using Genius. OpendayLight Boron Genius provides following modules --
- Interface (logical port) Manager allows bindings/registration of multiple services to logical ports/interfaces
- Overlay Tunnel Manager creates and maintains overlay tunnels between configured tunnel endpoints
- Aliveness Monitor provides tunnel/nexthop aliveness monitoring services
- ID Manager generates cluster-wide persistent unique integer IDs
- MD-SAL Utils provides common generic APIs for interaction with MD-SAL
- Resource Manager provides a resource sharing framework for applications sharing common resources e.g. table-ids, group-ids etc.
- FCAPS Application generates various alarms and counters for the different genius modules
- FCAPS Framework module collectively fetches all data generated by fcaps application. Any underlying infrastructure can subscribe for its events to have a generic overview of the various alarms and counters
- odl-genius-rest : provides all basic functionalities provided by genius modules, including interface manager, tunnel manager, resource manager and ID manager and MDSAL Utils.
- odl-genius-ui : adds dlux ui on top of genius features
- odl-genius-fcaps-application : includes genius FCAPS application (experimental)
- odl-genius-fcaps-framework : includes FCAPS framework module (experimental)
- Requires Java 8 compliant runtime environment.
Known Issues and Limitations
limited testing was done for fcaps and resource-manager framework
Changes Since Previous Releases
Not Applicable, First release
Bugs Fixed in this Release
Migration from Previous Releases
Compatibility with Previous Releases
Deprecated, End of Lifed, and/or Retired Features/APIs