Proposed Community Goals for NIC project
Draft for discussion 9/4/2015
1. Solve the problem of resource contention between disparate ODL apps/services (e.g. conflicting changes to forwarding tables, this is the “multiple writer” problem in today’s ODL). Prove that NIC can enforce/enable cooperation between disparate services, including existing services that are not “cooperation aware”.
2. Provide a controller based, performant, easy to deploy. scale-out neutron/netvirt implementation as one of the services that cooperate within NIC. The goal here is to make ODL controller plugin the obvious openstack network implementation for advanced cloud networking, etc.
See more (recommended):
- ODL Summit 2016 Presentations
- ODL Summit 2015 Presentations
- OpenStack Summit 2015
Schedule and Logistics
We have weekly meetings every Friday at 8:00 AM - 9:00 (PST).
Meetings are held using WebEx.
- Weekly on Friday at 08:00 PST/PDT | 11:00 EST/EDT | 15:00 UTC during Daylight Time/16:00 UTC during Standard Time
- Webex meeting link
- Meeting Number: 199 413 454
- Meeting password: This meeting does not require a password.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): +1-855-797-9485
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-415-655-0002
- Host Key: 466804
- IRC: Freenode/#opendaylight-nic
New entries ONLY IF there are special topics to be discussed during the meeting.
|Release||Release Plan||Agile Board||Release Notes||Release Review||Installation Guide||User Guide||Developer Guide||Operations Guide||How-To's/Tutorials|
|Boron||Release Plan||NIC Trello Board|
|Beryllium||Release Plan||NIC Trello Board|
|Carbon||Release Plan||NIC Trello Board|
|Nitrogen||Release Plan||NIC Trello Board|
|Oxygen||Release Plan||NIC Trello Board||-||-||-||-|